Comments

24 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steven,

The limited time pre-order price for current Luminar 3 users is $49 USD and for new customers it is $59 USD.

Comment actions Permalink
    Guy Meacham

@Angela Andrieux

Does Slylum still plan to deliver on the promises you made to those of us who signed on in the fall of 2017 with the promise if parity with the Mac version. Still not even close. Or features that have been promised for nearly 2 years to Windows users like the ability to use NIK as a plugin? Or are all these promises all out the window now?

Kate Williams

Hi Guy, 

We don't abandon our plans to implement new Library enhancements as well as bringing both Mac and Windows versions to parity.

The feature listed on the Roadmap pertain to Luminar as a platform, not to Luminar 3 as a version, which means that those features will surely be implemented in the future. 

We still need to overcome some technical difficulties that we've faced while developing third-party plugin support for Windows version, and as we would like to release a smoothly functioning feature, it's taking extra time to bring it to perfection. 

Yet, we'll be gradually releasing the features from our backlog, so hope for your patience and appreciate you sticking with us so far. 

Jos Vromen

There is still no roadmap for Flex, according to your writing this means no future!

I think you forget the word money !

You should write "so hope for your patience, (money) and appreciate you sticking with us so far. " 

Bye!

Guy Meacham

@Kate Williams, No disrespect but the promises that were made re parity, DAM, features, plugins and so much more were always made with the understanding that would be included in what we had paid for. In Nov 2017 I asked about the NIK plugin capability and was told it would be available in the near future. I wasn't told that it might be available in 2 years time or more if I upgrade and spend more money.

If you can attract enough new customers to buy 4 with these new bells and whistles then you guys have nothing to worry about if you are driving a lot of existing customers like me away with this plan then maybe you do. 

I wont be spending any more money (or time) with Luminar if you don't honor what you have already promised.

Thanks.

Tony Collins

@Kate Williams.

I notice that on the roadmap page was also a link to buy luminar 3. There is a clear implication there IMO that the roadmap applied to L3. Or how would *you* interpret it - let's say if you were a customer?

Jean-Michel Mermet

English is not my mother tongue but I couldn't help but jump when I read your beautiful trick: "The feature listed on the Roadmap pertain to Luminar as a platform, not to Luminar 3 as a version, which means that those features will surely be implemented in the future. "

Indeed, you made us all believe that the roadmap's features would be implemented in Luminar 3. The release of Luminar Flex was a big surprise to me, but the recent announcement of Luminar 4 seems to me to be a big sham... how can we trust you in the future with such a bad strategy?

I'm really disappointed in Skylum.

Kirk Osborn

Our tech team is working on features that were present in our roadmap. Those features will be implemented in our future releases such as Luminar 4. Please stay tuned.

Jeremy Dinn

You guys are scum.. it was made to look like these would be in luminar 3. Don't worry I'll get luminar 5 next year with the features we didn't get from 4 which we were promised. Your company now has given away it's hustle. Buy next year for the features promised last year..

Andreas Schuetz

But the lightroom migration tool was promised for Luminar 3. Why I should believe that you will deliver it in Luminar 4?

Tony Collins

Wow - so your roadmap page listed a load of features, with a link to buy - and   your answer is "yes you bought that, but you need to pay again if you actually want any of the features you need on the roadmap"

I must be a mug - I've actually pre-ordered L4. £45 is worth a punt if it actually gets me the Luminar I wanted. But I will not be believing any of the "jam tomorrow" promises from now on. If L4 doesn't have everything I need within my 60 day cancellaton period (including stability - and the basics, like, you know - being able to move photographs from one place to another), then I will be getting a refund and moving on.

Max

I think it’s just stating the facts if I call this fraud. I assume Skylum actually tries very hard to get sued here, because they really spend a lot of effort to point out in every threat individually how they made you buy their product under wrongful pretense.

Or may they just realized that they promised too much and now desperately need money to keep the company running. meaning that they did not do this on purpose which actually makes nothing any better. Nevertheless, I would not spent money on the update upfront in either scenario.

Andreas Schuetz

all this seems to be true if no one from Skylum comments on these statements. Or do we still get an answer?

Kate Williams

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your opinions with us. We'll respect any of your decisions, of course, but it would be fantastic if you could give Luminar 4 a try. It will have a lot of new amazing features that will make your editing workflow simpler and more exciting at the same time. Moreover, of course, it'll be faster, more stable and concise.

While the initial Luminar 4 release may be lacking all of the DAM features you'd like to see, we'll not be laying aside our plans to release them in the future.

Thank you for staying with us so far.

Tony Collins

That's great - but all the bells and whistles are pointless if you don't have the basics.

As far as I can see at the moment it is not possible even to move photographs to a different drive without losing all edits - and why you don't treat this as an urgent bug and fix at top priority is beyond me. A dam (or library system if you prefer) is not fit for purpose if we cannot re-organise image files when storage gets full.

- and we still have no usable print facility in L3 - which should also be treated as a bug. What point are all the fancy editing features if I have to export and re-import to Lightroom to print? I might as well just stay with Lightroom!

And as stated above. You've lost any trust from me about promises for future functionality: you simply DON'T deliver. If the basic requirements are not there at launch I will be getting out and moving on.

Jos Vromen

Sorry Kate, but you made a mistake

"While the initial Luminar 4 release may be lacking all of the DAM features you'd like to see,"

must be

"While the initial Luminar 4 release may be lacking all of the DAM features we promised and you payed for . . . . ."

and

"Thanks for staying with us so far"

should have been

" Thanks for paying us so far"

Hope you will correct this in your mail and your upcoming mails!

Andreas Schuetz

Hello Kate

what about keeping the promise with the DAM feature and giving all Luminar 3 owner's a free update until this feature has been implemented. This was one of the main reasons for me to buy Luminar.

Max

Hi Kate,

I don't care whether Luminar 4 has all the DAM features you already promised and we already paid for. I still expect all of them as a free update in Luminar 3 as advertised back when you were still selling Luminar 2018. And I don't believe this to be just an opinion. I would rather think it's just the law.

Collin Moore

"While the initial Luminar 4 release may be lacking all of the DAM features you'd like to see, we'll not be laying aside our plans to release them in the future."

Those of us that bought into the DAM announcement in 2017 that you hyped as a full featured Lightroom replacement, that took a YEAR to release and was awful, that never got fixed let alone "full featured" is not even a priority in L4?

Seriously. What is the development team working on? How can you legitimately expect consumers to trust you?

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Everyone, 

Let me try to clarify the situation:

We have announced Luminar 4 but it doesn't mean that we abandon Luminar 3. 

We are going to release the updates for Luminar 3 and add the new functionality to Luminar 3 DAM too. 

Please note that we will update our roadmap soon and you will be able to check what new functionality will be added to Luminar 3 and Luminar 4. 

Hope for your patience and understanding. 

Mark Wascher Jr

Are you kidding me? I just purchased Luminar 3 on 7/13/19......

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Mark,

In case if you have just purchased Luminar 3 please contact us directly via

http://www.skylum.com/support  and we will definitely figure something out for you! 

Collin Moore

"We are going to release the updates for Luminar 3 and add the new functionality to Luminar 3 DAM too. 

Please note that we will update our roadmap soon and you will be able to check what new functionality will be added to Luminar 3 and Luminar 4."

That DIRECTLY contradicts what Kate said in another thread! Skylum can't even get their own story straight.

One thread they suggest they plan on completing the features in the L3 roadmap but another says that everything on the roadmap is Luminar as a product whole, not a release, so everything in the Roadmap is now part of L4 and beyond.

So what is it?

Jack Larson

Most of the conversation that has been going on in this thread does not affect me personally since I only use the editing functions of Luminar and Flex.  However, it is very disturbing the responses of Skylum to people who thought they were getting what Skylum claimed (and continues to claim) to be offering.  They are almost universally talking like people who are working for a company that is in major trouble.  I am concerned that Skyum has overreached and very well may go belly up.  Right now, Flex is my major photo editor.  If it is going to go down the tubes, I need to make some decisions about what my alternative will be.  Reading all of the comments coming from Skylum, I don't have a clue what is going on with them.  I have Adobe, Alien Skin, ON1, Perfectly Clear, DXO and Topaz products all installed on my computer.  Any of them could do the job that I need.  And reading their Community Forums, none of them has the chaos that we are experiencing from Skylum.  Before Luminar 3 was rolled out, I could not have been happier.  All of their products were superb, and their Customer Service was excellent.  With Luminar 3, there now seems to be confusion and very little clarity or genuine understanding or help.

Please sign in to leave a comment.