Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jeff,

Aurora HDR 2019 does not have a library module like Luminar 3. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Jeff Trzcinski

Thank you for letting me know.  I really hope that your team will add a library for Aurora HDR.  I saw on sale for Luminar 3 which cost 49 dollars but I found out that it will be Luminar 4 this fall.  How much it would cost to upgrade it?  I am not sure why do I have two softwares (HDR and Luminar).

Photos app has an extension for other software but I prefer for HDR to own its library because my photos are messed up - for example editing the photos such as before and after pictures.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jeff,

Aurora HDR serves a different purpose than Luminar. 

Luminar is an fully featured image editor with a range of creative tools for a wide variety of photographic styles. It also includes the Library module which can organize and catalog your images.

Aurora HDR is built specifically for HDR (high dynamic range) photography and while it can certainly do awesome things with single exposures, it really shines when merging multiple exposure bracketed images. Luminar does not have this capability.

Both applications work really well together and I encourage you to download the free trial of Luminar 3 to see if it is a good fit for your workflow. If you decide to purchase it, we are currently offering deals that include Luminar 3 to use now, and the Luminar 4 upgrade which will be released later this year.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Please sign in to leave a comment.