Luminar 4 Library - IPTC support?

Comments

9 comments

K.G. Wuensch

Don't worry, the next version of Luminar will use the GPS metadata to search the image library provided by their preferred artists for a small fee and suggest which image set you should buy to get a proper image of the location that you took the image at as these artists would have taken it. It will replace all instances of your image it can find with that vastly superior JPEG compressed version as the AI has identified that all hobbyists only take meaningless snaps which can be replaced by those artist impressions. Of course the library isn't complete so you'll have to excuse if the nearest geographical match will be provided...

Comment actions Permalink
    Terry Rogers

Hi Vladimir! Please note that developing new unique AI editing features is our top priority now, however, we are not giving up on implementing new Library enhancements either. We will not be charging any additional fees if you purchase the preorder of Luminar 4 now. Not to worry, our roadmap is currently being updated and will soon be revealed again. 

Robert Emery

I am very disappointed that Skylum seems to think that their (now hidden) roadmap is less important than providing cosmetic enhancements that do not address photographers photo information needs. Where is the Metadata connection to photographs modified by Luminar? I try to take the best photographs I can to minimize editing but I need to manage those photographs with GPS data or keywords, or people, etc., etc. If Luminar only tries to put lipstick on pigs, it cannot help  me to exit Adobe’s onerous pricing model and be able to manage  my Libraries and history. The roadmap indicated this was being addressed and would be in a near term release. It appears there must be a new management team that feels the customer input and the previous Skylum statements are not important and those commitments that were made by Skylum for Luminar was are not really commitments. Please tell me that Skylum is hiding enhancements in  Luminar 4 that will actually be there at the product introduction!

Anastasia Davis

Hi Robert! Thank you for sharing your feedback. I will pass your comments to our developers. 
    I am sorry if you felt that we abandoned our previous promises. We still stick to them and will definitely implement those features, just a little bit later. 

Adam Squires

Hi Anastasia, I found this forum post because I too have become concerned about the length of time it is taking to introduce IPTC functionality to Luminar 3 (as suggested by the previous roadmap). If this functionality is no longer going to be available for customers who don't decide to purchase Luminar 4 then I will be requesting my money back for Luminar 3. Breaking promises and asking for more money for features that don't get finished before a new version is released is one sure fire way to annoy customers.

I'm sure you can appreciate where we are coming from and can give me some good news about this.

Adam

Angela Andrieux

Hi Adam,

Luminar 3 users will get IPTC functionality next year in a free update. Our CTO Dima Sytnik addressed this in our latest blog article at https://skylum.com/blog/why-the-new-luminar-has-me-so-excited (scroll down to the section titled What will happen to Luminar 3?)

Erwin Kargl

Oh my good ... the chief product manager got a letter ... and now you kick most of your promises about the DAM functionality! ... sorry but I am getting angry now. Tell your chief product manager, that I need a LR replacement, that´s what I bougth nearly two years ago.

Erwin

Adam Squires

Thanks Angela, good and bad news there. Disappointing to hear that it won't be updated until 2020. Will Luminar 4 also not have IPTC functionality until then?

Helena Carter

Hi Adam,

There's no ETA as for now, but we'll keep you posted. Stay tuned!

Please sign in to leave a comment.