Opened images marked as "edited"

Comments

5 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Logan,

Please note that if you've selected a default camera profile, it implies that you want it to be applied to all the photos taken by this camera. Therefore, when you open a new photo, the app automatically applies this camera profile chosen by you and the photo gets shown as edited. 

If you would like to revert that, you need to choose Luminar Default profile and set it as your default one. 

You may always revert the changes applied to the files via a History button on the Edit panel, see the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ocimuy 

Comment actions Permalink
    Logan the 60D shooter

Hi Kate!

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I already did that—reset my camera profile back to "Luminar Default"; however, it still "edits" the image. What's worse is that after I select a new profile for a specific image (say "Camera Landscape"), whenever I reopen that image in Luminar, it changes it to my camera's default (which is now "Luminar Default").

I'm wondering if there's any way I can reset it back to before I clicked that "Save as Default" button. I know I can click in the history and change it back, but that's not very efficient, especially when I'm trying to sort through photos.

Thanks for your response!

—Logan

Angela Andrieux

Hi Logan,

In order to remove the "Edited" moniker you'll need to

1. Change the default for your camera back to the Luminar Default profile
    2. Go into the history panel and revert the image back to the original.

This should remove the "Edited" icon as well as keep future imports from having the same behavior.

Logan the 60D shooter

Hi Angela!

Thanks for your reply!

You are right, that does remove the edited icon from the thumbnails (fabulous, thanks!)... but I can still get it back just by viewing the image (without even touching the edit panel).

So yes, it did remove the edit panel, but no, it didn't prevent future imports or views from having the same behavior. Would I have to click original on all the photos I've opened (which aren't many) for it to work?

I also haven't played around too much with Luminar 3 (and thus not made too many edits), would it be better if I just reset my catalog? That'd be a bit disappointing, but I'm not in too deep yet.

Thank you for your help, and I hope we can get this resolved!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Logan,

I'm not sure why just clicking into the Edit panel without making edits would cause the "edited" moniker to appear. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so one of our techs can look into it. Be sure to include a link to this thread in your message. Thanks in advance!

Please sign in to leave a comment.