[BUG] Luminar 3.1.2 + NIK Collection 2 Essential [NOT WORKING]

Comments

18 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Brad,

Thanks for contacting us. 

Please try reinstalling the Nik Collection and check whether it becomes available to you under Edit > Plugins.

If the plugins do not appear there, please try the following: 

1. Download the folder with plugin files here, unzip the folder and save it somewhere where you can easily find it.
    2. In Luminar 3, click Edit > Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Luminar to the .plugin file in the folder you just copied in step 1.
    3. Repeat the process with each .plugin file.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers!

Comment actions Permalink
    Brad Studio

Hi Angela, I followed your instructions and still was unable to get it working. What worked, was using the provided zipped plugins and using CleanMyMac to completely reset the Luminar App to new install status. Then it worked, mostly.

1) HDR Efex Pro 2 doesn't work, it opens but no image is transmitted to the app. Am I doing something wrong?

2) Viveza 2 - Image transmitted from Luminar is extremely flat. Any image adjustments made in Viveza 2, when saved back to Luminar is extremely amplified and blown out.

Brad Studio

Update

I've re-tried everything on my Mac Book Pro and it worked flawlessly using the Zipped plugins.

Something must be up with my Mac Pro.

Still have the same issues with HDR Efex Pro 2 & Viveza 2 on both machines.

Brad Studio

Dayo, 

Thanks for the tip, I still have the Free Google installer still on a backup drive.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Brad,

Glad to hear that my instructions helped on at least one of your two Macs. With regard to HDR Efex Pro and Viveza, please reach out to www.skylum.com/support so our techs can investigate and resolve these issues. They can also help figure out why the other plugins aren't working with your Mac Pro. Thanks in advance!

Deborah Hinter

Hello,  I am pointing the latest v of Luminar 3 to the SilverEfex plugin.  The result is a white photo.  I have not tried any other NIK plugins.  This is the original Google Plugin.  I just updated to 3.1.2 today.  This process did not work in the last version of Luminar 3 either.  I have tried all the options listed.

Deborah Hinter

It is Silver Efex Pro 2.plugin version 2.2.24

Deborah Hinter

I am not interested in BUYING or TRYING DXO NIK.  I've read the issues that others are having.  If I am not able to have Luminar 3 latest version open the Silver Efex Pro 2 plugin, I don't wish to add more into the pie.  I updated L3 today, because I read that it will now work with NIK Plugins.  Is this only with the DXO versions, rather than the Google versions?  Thank you

Angela Andrieux

Hi Deborah,

Unfortunately Luminar 3 only supports the updated DXO Nik Collection.

Deborah Hinter

Dayo, how did you get the google nik to work on L3?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dayo & Deborah - I suppose a better way of wording it is that we only have "official" support for the DXO version of the Nik plugins. Users may be able to use the older Google/Nik plugins, but we cannot guarantee that they will work properly.

Deborah Hinter

Dayo
    I followed your path, however When choosing an image to open in Silver Efex from L3, it presents a white screen. I did not try others as I wanted to ensure at least this one would work first.

Deborah Hinter

Deborah Hinter

This is the path to that plugin.

Deborah Hinter

I am wondering if I am storing the plugin folder in the wrong location for Luminar to access properly.  I can't seem to find out the ideal folder path/structure that Luminar 3 uses on the Mac.  I see things a bit scattered about. And in Library, Application Support, things are listed under MacPhun Software.

Deborah Hinter

In the MAC Finder, there is this Group Containers, and within Group Containers, there is a CUSTOM folder, with yet more of the LOOKS.  Should I be putting the Plugin Folders in the Group Containers or leave them in the Applications?  I'm kind of confused about the whole Luminar structure and I may be at fault for putting additions in places they should not be?

Deborah Hinter

Thank you kindly

Deborah Hinter

I was able to get the Google NIK Collection working with Luminar 2018 and Luminar 3.  I uninstalled both programs.  I went into Lightroom and removed all connections from there also and uninstalled Skylum products as plugins.  I then used App Cleaner and removed all references to Skylum products.

I then created a NEW FOLDER in the APPLICATIONS, called PHOTOSHOP PLUGINS.

I then used the Installer with Google NIK, and clicked on the + sign while installing, and pointed the installer to the newly created PHOTOSHOP PLUGINS folder in the APPLICATIONS.

I then told the installer to install NIK to that folder.

Then I downloaded my programs again from Skylum.

I installed Luminar 2018.

I opened up an image inside Luminar 2018, and went up to Plugins, other and pointed it to the NEW PHOTOSHOP PLUGINS folder, then kept drilling down until the actual .plugin was located and clicked.

I did the same process for Luminar 3.

Now when I open these programs, and go to plugins, the NIK plugins show up and work fine.  

I hope this helps someone here who has experienced the same frustrations.

Please sign in to leave a comment.