I'm done

Comments

6 comments

Peter Derry

What a disappointment. I was a beta tester, bought the windows version as soon as it was offered, and all because it promised to release me from the Adobe clutches. I’m still waiting for the DAM that was promised at the beginning and now it seems I’ve been waiting in vain. There’s a hint that it’s in Luminar 4, but just a hint and probably in the never arriving future. To make matters worse the developers seem to be spending all their time on tools for manipulations I hope most photographers would avoid and would certainly exclude you from competitions. It’s like toys are in and any attempt at a serious work flow is out. What’s really frustrating is that the software showed real promise as a potential Adobe replacement but seems to have decided that being a plug in is fine and concentrating on stuff I’d never dream of using (and I’m not a purist by any means). I suppose on the bright side I’ve never made the move from Adobe as Luminar never got up to speed and so I only used the program to see if it was ready, but I’m back at square one and again looking for my Adobe replacement.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tomas Nilsén

I totally agree 100%. Will not promote this software to everyone when they do as they do.

I completely understand that new functions will be releasing. But when you have this "broken" software for windows. Please fix it first. This feels like a slap in the face.

michael durkin

Another hashed together pile of junk - but this time we're expected to pay for it. This has to be the biggest insult to our patience, trust and support we've given skylum to date.

Darryl Nousome

What I'd like to know Maryna is "how" long Luminar 3 will be supported?

That line of "Speed improvements alongside some new functionality will be implemented." has been promised since Luminar 3 was announced. It's only been at 3.1.1 which was released a month or so ago, where the program has been somewhat usable (albeit with crashes every 10 minutes or so). I don't think I can support this software or the company anymore. 

Ron Lawrence

Why should I trust anything Skylum says now? I firmly believe that this "update" to L3 will be just like the Adobe update to LR6, it was there to tell us there would be no more updates. I've pointed out how you people contradict each other on different parts of this forum. How many times have you promised something only to be proved lying again? This time, even one of the people you sponsor has said "don't buy it"! When you lose those you pay, the jig is up. RIP Skylum.

Maryna Skylum

Hi!

Luminar 4 is a brand new app with a bunch of innovative AI features which bring your editing process to the next level. Researching the market of photo-editing tools, we developed unique technologies to enhance your images like never before. Step by step we will reveal all the bells and whistles Luminar 4 acquires.

Nevertheless, the upgrade is absolutely optional. It is up to you whether to stick to your current version or to go ahead with Luminar 4.

We can assure you that we will continue to support Luminar 3 in terms of performance and compatibility. For instance, the next update will be released within a few weeks. Speed improvements alongside some new functionality will be implemented.

Please sign in to leave a comment.