Luminar 4 and Luminar Flex

Comments

4 comments

Brian Ramage

is this still pending approval for posting to the forum???

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Brian,

Luminar 4 is considered as an upgrade for both Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex. All the special features that Flex has now will be included in Luminar 4, which you will be able to use both as a standalone and a plugin or extension. The brand-new AI-powered features like AI Sky Replacement will be unique to Luminar 4.
    We'll continue to support Flex and Luminar 3 in terms of performance and compatibility.

Brian Ramage

So then what will be the difference between L4 and Flex?

I thought L3 and Flex were about the same but was told with the next major update the stand-alone Luminar would NOT include extensions and that is what Flex would be. You’d have to decide in the future if you wanted libraries with Luminar or Luminar extensions with Flex

I haven’t been able to use Luminar since I bought it for the DAM I was told it would have with Luminar 2018. I’m on my path to purchase a third photo dam/editing program and as of yet Luminar 4 only has one feature and the DAM feature I was told the program I bought would have isn’t even noted.

Kate Williams

Hi Brian,

The difference will be in all the new features that we will be announcing.

You'll be able to decide whether you'd like to use Libraries or not. 

All the library enhancements are not laid aside, we'll be gradually adding them to Luminar in the future. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.