Luminar 4.....Really????

Answered

Comments

65 comments

Sam C

All comments here have been completely ignored, just like all the other posts.

Luminar 4 doesn't contain any enhancements to library or catalog - which it "upgrades". Mine ended up going from 5 gb to 33gb with 700 photos in it. (I've logged a ticket)

The new shiny software is no more than some UI fixes - underneath it's the same old story - buggy, unstable and just as slow.

Don't waste your money upgrading.

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

Hi Sam,

We regret to hear about your experience. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll do our best to assist.

The initial Luminar 4 release is devoted to new tools and features. Nevertheless, please note that the next quarter we will be working on the Luminar 4 performance and we will do our best to deliver the best editing experience to our customers.

Gal Steinberg

As other users noted, I'm expected more DAM features, I had no issues with the previous UI, I actually feel the new one is more limiting as I need to click different buttons to get to my favorite tools, instead of having them together. 

I'm surprised we don't see any DAM improvements, Keywords, Search Filters,  Search by Location, Smart Albums, and much more.

There even isn't the ability to just see the name of the files on the UI or with hover, I expected stuff like that way before redoing the UI. 

Gal Steinberg

@helana Carter - with all due respect to AI, not be able to even search for a photo, or see the name with over (or under the file) makes it just so difficult to use... really need some basic DAM features that are just missing. 

Colin Grant

I thought keywords were due in 2020 along with all the other metadata stuff. Have you changed the roadmap yet again? What is the point of a search without keyword support. You know so very well that you have screwed up on the dam. You are no longer even suggesting that Luminar is a Lr alternative so why not bite the bullet and be honest - dump the dam and just create an advanced Flex that is capable of working with just about any dam. And what about EXIF, it is not just IPTC that makes up the metadata? 

Post is closed for comments.