Add Reset / Undo options for Clone / Erase tools

Answered

Comments

19 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your feedback., we really appreciate it.

I will forward it to our developers for consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    Geoffrey Hahn

I'm curious.  When you say there is no Undo for clone and stamp and erase, are you referring to while you are using the tool, or after you've finished with the tool and clicked Done?  If the former, while I agree that an incremental step back would be a nice feature to have, the Erase tool has the Reset option, which at least lets you start over.  For both tools, since the changes are added to new layers, you can always simply delete the layer and start over.  These aren't perfect solutions, but they do get the job done until Skylum adds additional features to the tools.

Tihomir Serbic

I absolutely agree with Sandip.

The Luminar Tools needs serious refinements. Even though quite slow and occasionally unresponsive, the clone and erase tools give absolutely wonderful results but lack of "undo" button to at least undo last action that did not look good and lack of "cancel" button to exit the tool without applying the changes, is serious issue.
    For example if you erase a couple od spots and one of them does not render acceptably, there is nothing you can do to cancel that bad stroke. Even worse, you have no other option but to click "Done" to apply changes and then go back to delete adjustment layer to remove ALL corrections because of the one that was bad (or use history panel) and then go back to Tools and start from scratch. A single poor rendering can cost you multiple attempts and a lot of time without ability to undo action.

So we really, really need
    1. Capability to undo action within the tool (Undo button)
    2. Cancel button to exit the tool without applying any changes

Arve Lillejord

I agree with Sandip and Tihomir, we need to be able to undo.

Pressing done and deleting the layer is far too time consuming.

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Thanks for your comments. We will consider them.

Robert Ford

In Luminar 4 these options are still not available (in Windows), i.e., ability to UNDO a clone action while using the tool. The Ctl+Z option is not active. I've seen workarounds for using the tool which are quite cumbersome (stepping back in History!). Without this undo ability it makes an otherwise powerful clone/stamp tool less than ideal.

O. Jung

This thread is 5 month old and still, the fairly obvious necessity of an UNDO button in the clone / erase tool hasn´t been worked on by skylum.

Jose Plaza

I vote for the UNDO option or at least a CANCEL button to exit the ERASE/CLONE window without making changes. I use "come back" in the history to a previous point, but my catalog folder is increasing its size enormously, due to many incorrect ERASE or CLONE actions. Please, it is no so difficult and can save a lot of time and disk space.

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Our technical department is working on it for future updates. Stay tuned!

Nyall London

I am new to Luminar 4.  I am finding the Clone to be quite cumbersome to use.  I can't find a way to reset the starting point or add multiple clone items.  There is no cancel or undo.  Although Luminar 4 is a wonderful tool I find that this function or feature is much better in Lightroom.  One of the things I like is the ability to see the change immediately and being able to update or correct it before clicking done.

Sandip Bhattacharya

Can we expect this feature in Luminar 4?  I already paid for 3 and 4, and dont want to wait until 5 release to access these very basic / standard features.  Thanks.

Doug Chamberlin

I also plead with you to add cancel to these modes of the program. I'm using 4.1.1 Windows and the erase tool does not have a reset at all!

I'd like to add my support for these requests for step by step undo  / reset functionality and a quit / cancel option to be added to these edit operations.

I find it difficult to understand how such basic requirements were not included in the first draft of the software specification and how they have remained absent for so long.

Margaret Bright

Hi guys!

Thank you for letting us know this is still a desired feature. Our team is working on implementing it in one of the future updates, so please stay tuned.

Scott Battaion

Agreed! No UNDO in the clone/stamp tool? Who on earth creates this software? Have they ever edited a photo before? In Luminar 4 I found myself staring at the screen for a couple of minutes in total disbelief. I had worked on a photo for a while and overshot my last clone/stamp. I looked for UNDO or ctrl-Z to correct just the last clone/stamp edit only to find I would have to do EVERYTHING over again! Seriously? And this is supposed to be top-notch photo editing software? This basic feature is available in every free app available on the Internet. Yet another reason I have such a strong love/hate relationship with Luminar software. Sheesh...

Margaret Bright

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your honest opinion. It helps us to see what can be improved.

Our team is already working on implementing this option in one of the future updates so please stay tuned!

Nathalie Naylor

Hi,

Is there any update on this/do you know when it will be made available? The clone tool is unusable atm as one error means you have to start all over again, its too frustrating to even bother trying! Otherwise I am really enjoying the software. 

Sandip Bhattacharya

Is there any update on this feature?  I started this thread a year back and so many others have requested the same.  I worked hard on an image today for 20 mins and all that effort was lost with one error step, as there was no Undo option.  I had to cancel the entire effort and restart.. this is really getting annoying. 

When is this elusive "Next Release" coming that is promised for over a year now ???

Margaret Bright

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, there's no information yet regarding the exact version that this option is going to be added to, but I would like to assure you that our team is hearing all of your requests and is working on implementing this option in one of the future releases.

Please stay tuned! We will let you know as soon as any info on this becomes available.

Please sign in to leave a comment.