Luminar 3 owners

Comments

11 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Mark! 
    The upgrade is absolutely optional. It is up to you whether to stick to your current version or to go ahead with Luminar 4.
    We can assure you that we will continue to support Luminar 3 in terms of performance and compatibility. For instance, the next update will be released within a few weeks. Speed improvements alongside some new functionality will be implemented.

Comment actions Permalink

But for Luminar 3 owner, the upgrade to version 4 is free or have a cost?
    Thank you

Angela Andrieux

Hi Alberto,

Luminar 4 will be a paid upgrade. However, it is completely optional. We will continue to support Luminar 3 in terms of performance and compatibility after the Luminar 4 launch.

Mark Barnes

Will there be new functionalities in the DAM with the next update? I'm close to using a competitors DAM if it new features aren't coming (which I really don't want to do), such as compare, virtual copies, and many of the other functions I'm sure you've heard of. 

Thanks!

David Larsen

Exactly. The DAM is still unusable in v3.

chetan panchal

strange but there is no update on DAM, there are many who have switched to L3 from LR just because of DAM, and now no where we have any update on DAM. @Skylum team kindly provide some update. there are so many issues still pending

G Mitchell

A lot of vague answers here as usual. I like Luminar 3 And was hoping for improvements to the DAM. But reading between the lines on many of these threads Skylum is going in every direction with software releases taking priority over finishing the software they already sold us. 

Guy Meacham

@Angela AndrieuxWe will continue to support Luminar 3 in terms of performance and compatibility

And what about the still unrealized promises you made over the last two years about features and parity with Mac, will you continue to honor those promises or are those promises now only going to be kept if we buy 4?

Please clarify
    Thanks.
    Kate Williams

Hi, 

We've been collecting and processing artists' feedback and feature requests for quite some time, and came up with a conclusion that people love easy-to-use tools and automatic enhancements. We decided to make the development of new AI features our top priority. New Luminar 4 will have lots of tools that will allow you to create beautiful photos by moving just one slider. Luminar 4 is going to be more intuitive, logical and concise. Please stay tuned to know more about the upcoming features

We concentrate on things that are in high demand by our customers, at the same time, we don't abandon our plans to implement new Library enhancements as well as bringing both Mac and Windows versions to parity.

The feature listed on the Roadmap pertain to Luminar as a platform, not to Luminar 3 as a version, which means that those features will surely be implemented in the future. 

Kindly refer to my colleagues' replies above: Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex will be supported in terms of compatibility, stability, and performance. 

Ondrej Pok

...in other words who wants the features must pay.

I thought it was a good deal to buy L3, but now I'm beginning to feel it was a big mistake. The app came out slow, buggy and unstable, they managed to slightly improve it, but it is still unstable and buggy...

and the features they promissed to add will be in a different product for which I have to pay extra - the Luminar 4.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Ondrey! Did you reach our customer support so we could help you?
    As for the performance, we will continue to improve it. You can check our roadmap:
    https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Please sign in to leave a comment.