Recommnendations for Luminar 3 and Flex videos

Comments

2 comments

Egidio Leitao

Rob,

Like you, I have been using Lightroom for a long time. Although I have all software that Skylum has made, I find myself starting my edits with LR time and time again. The promise of libraries with Luminar 3 remains, unfortunately, very rudimentary and very, very slow, especially if you have a large library, as I do. The lack of keyword addition and search keeps the software as a non-competitor with LR, as far as I'm concerned. Also masking is ok, but not as precise as LR. So, I keep using LR first and occasionally switch to Luminar for a final adjustment. Luminar's AI filter is amazing. So, after I do my LR edits, I may occasionally export that to Luminar for AI, Orton Effects, and/or color cast removal. 

As for intermediate videos, Jim Nix has a series of good videos in his YouTube page where he delves deeper into specific filters. I like those. You might want to check one of those to see if they fill your needs.

Regards,

Egídio

Comment actions Permalink
    Rob O'Keefe

Thanks Egidio, your experience matches mine.

Also, I am moving more and more towards the reality of using iPhone and iPad for photography. The immediacy makes a big difference. Luminar's Ipad app seems to be 18 months away at best, after Luminar 4.

I fully support Luminar, but not ready for me yet other than as a plugin to LR.

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.