Moving Texture Overlays

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

You can currently add the texture as a new image layer and then use the Free Transform tool to resize/align it to your liking. Does that work for you or is there another function you're looking for?

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Rubano

Trying to figure out how to do that. Why can't I just move the image in Texture Overlay? I can't figure out where to add another layer tbh. You're going to have to walk me through it. Maybe consider adding the free transform to the filter.

Michael Rubano

Well I figured out how to do it and it's a royal pain. That function should be available in the Texture Overlay filter and you should be able to move it while being able to see what's underneath. Just some food for thought. The interface is pretty wonky for it.

Michael Rubano

In an ideal world it works for overlays where you were shooting handheld and some fudging has to take place. So much more could be done with Texture Overlay to make things smoother and more convenient for quick edits.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

Glad to hear that you figured it out. We appreciate your feedback on the Texture Overlay tool. I'll share this with our developers.

Please sign in to leave a comment.