Comments

11 comments

Lutz Lange

I think there is no way.

Lutz

Comment actions Permalink
    Janko Kernc

Lutz, thank you for your answer.

The basic function of the subdirectories (in any operating system) is to divide a topic into manageable parts. This functionality is also available in practiaclly all the image manipulation programs I know, from simple freeware image viewers, to sophisticated raw editors, and DAM software. So it is very hard to believe this has been omitted from Luminar.

Is there really no way to hide images from sub-folders? Anyone?

Kate Williams

Hi Janko,

If you would like to remove the images from the subfolder, you may select them -> right-click and choose "Move To Trash". Alternatively, you can Ctrl+Delete on a PC.  The images are removed from their current (sub)folder and placed into the in-app Luminar trash. Please note that the files are still on your hard drive in the same place on your drive.  You can always restore the file to its original location and your Library:

1. Select the image(s) that you want to restore.
    2. Choose Image > Put Back to restore to your Library (the same command is also available by right-clicking on the image).
    Janko Kernc

Thank you Kate for the information.

It is not my intention to delete (either in Luminar or from disc) the files, but to merely show only the images in the folder, without the images contained in the sub-folders.

I keep the originals of a shooting session in a folder, and the exported images (sometimes multiple versions of the same image, e.g. a color and a B/W version) in a sub-folder. It is really awkward to view all the images and their exports all at once on screen. There is no easy or practical way to quickly distinguish the images, especially when a folder contains a few hundred originals plus all the edits in the sub-folders.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Janko,

Thank you for clarifying. At this time there is no way in Luminar to exclude viewing of items in subfolders. The best workaround is to move the subfolder out of the Luminar cataloged folder so that Luminar doesn't see it.

Several other users have also messaged us about this and we have shared the request with our developers for an option to exclude sub-folders. Hopefully we will see this functionality in the future.

Nadarajah Thirugnanasothy

Angela,

This "Hopefully we will see this functionality in the future.."    is no good.

Skylum should say - Yes we are going to do it and when you are going to do it. If you are not going to do it. Say we are not going to do it.

Thank you

Angela Andrieux

Hi Nadarajah,

I apologize for any confusion that my response may have caused. At this time I do not know if/when it will be included, but I hope that it will as I know many of our users have requested it. The final decision is up to our developers and I have shared the request with them.

Erwin Kargl

@Angela you are right and please tell them, that this would be an easy method to speed up Luminar

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041914992-Suggestion-for-high-speed-improvement

Kate Williams

Hi Erwin, 

I'll be sure to add this bit to the request. Thank you for your desire to help us make Luminar better. 

Nadarajah Thirugnanasothy

Kate,

We have heard this  "I'll be sure to add this bit to the request." many times. Is it going to be in Luminar 5? How much we need to pay for it?

Ralf Krumm

Sorry I don't understand the problems you have. Why don't you simply mark the requested photos that you want to see in your folder (as favourite or color label)? - And very easy you will see only the photos that you have edited and would like to see?

Please sign in to leave a comment.