Uninstall ALL files related to Luminar 3

Comments

7 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hey Jil!

Please do the following so to uninstall Luminar from your computer:

* Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    * Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall](you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    * Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    * Find and delete the contents folder “Luminar 3";
    * Go to Pictures -> Luminar Catalog and delete it;
    Best regards,

Comment actions Permalink
    Jill Edwards

Thanks.

I will use 2018 until Lum 3 gets fixed.

Please make Lum 3 so we can choose to NOT use the catalog feature at all, so we can use the rest of the program.

Anastasia Davis

@Jil We are working on the app.
    You can actually use Luminar 3 without adding any folders. You can just use some particular pictures for Quick Edit.

Jill Edwards

Thanks. I would like to know how to use without adding any folders/creating a catalog.

There was no option upon starting the program--just a dialog that said something about it with an OK box to click.

How do we bypass the creation of the catalog? Need good instructions. Thanks.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jill,

I suggest creating an empty folder and upon installation select that empty folder as the place where images are stored. Since it is empty, no items will be added to the library catalog. You can later delete this folder without issue.

Jill Edwards

Well, the program never gave me a choice of which folder it was going to use for the library. Is it supposed to? Because it did not.

I guess I can empty out the PIctures folder and put everything somewhere else. It should not be this difficult and annoying. Users should have control over the process. As I said--see Picasa!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jill,

Yes, during the initial setup there is an option to choose both the location of your photos as well as where you'd like to store the catalog itself.

If you haven't made any edits in Luminar on the images in your Pictures folder you can simply right-click on the root folder in Luminar and choose Remove From Catalog. Please note that any edits made on photos in this folder will be lost.

Please sign in to leave a comment.