Library Sub-Folder Function Not Working

Comments

10 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Phil! It seems you are inside the folder where there are no photos. Could you try the New Subfolder option with another folder that contains some files?

Comment actions Permalink
    Phil Hurd

I am inside a folder where there are hundereds of Photos Anastasia. There is a bug with Luminar, which I reported in the early days of v.3. If you create a Top-Level (Root) Folder and then Sub-Folders placing images ONLY in the sub-folders and not the Root folder, the Root folder is greyed out. However the folders are still there and the images are still there (in the Sub-Folders).- see attached screen shot

I had no issues whatsoever creating sub-folders in this Root folder previously

Phil Hurd

Just as a follow-up. I have created a Root Folder named 'TEST'. In here I have placed 4 images. You will note from the attached screenshot that the LIBRARY >NEW SUBFOLDER as well as LIBRAY >SHOW IN FINDER options are greayed out.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Phil,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can investigate this issue. Be sure to include a link to this thread in your message as well. We look forward to hearing from you!

Phil Hurd

I've emailed support direct rather than using your link and attached all of thbe relevant information

Angela Andrieux

Hi Phil,

Thank you! One of our techs will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Phil Hurd

Hi Angela

I originally posted the issue on here because the HELP >CONTACT SKYLUM, menu-item (see attached), takes you to the Skylum website and there appears to be no other way to contavt support now.

Kate Williams

Hi Phil, 

If you click Help > Contact Skylum, you will be redirected to the page, where you should login to your Skylum account.

Then, you will be redirected to your Skylum account page where you will be prompted to choose your support request category > OS > App Name > your request. 

We've received your request and will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Phil Hurd

Yep I went down the account page route to start with but its a bit clunky and a one point I was going round in circles! So I thought an email was easier. Thanks for looking at this issue

ATB Phil

Phil Hurd

I am absolutely fuming that Skylum have seen fit to remove a significant piece of functionality from the Library.  After 2 years of trying to encurage others to use this software, I feel I have been kicked in the teeth. I now have to look at re-installing Lightroom and walking away from Luminar

This is the response to me by Skylum Support "Please note that in the latest update you can no longer create subfolders in Albums. You can only create subfolders in Folders."

Here is my respinse to Skylum Support today . . . .

You are joking surely and why couldn't somebody tell me that yesterday instead of messing me around with system re-installs etc. etc.? I have put a huge amount of effort in creating Albums and sub-folders within albums. Once the last version of Luminar was stable and the performance issues addressed, I deleted Lightroom from my system and went wholesale over to Luminar. I thought this was what Skylum wanted customers to do. Now you are telling me that have effectively wasted hours of my time. I will have to re-install Lightroom and go back to using Luminar as a Plugin, if I can be bothered. For information I know how the albums work because I have looked at the underlying database.I absolutely DO NOT want to create 'Subject' Folders or Sub-Folders on my hard disk, I could do this anyway with other software. I store my master images in date/time order with contiguous file names. Creating subject folders and sub-folders on my hard disk would have to be done in addition to my master images, so this would at least double my storage requirements. This is not acceptable and I would have thought such a major change would have been communicated more widely. Effectively you are telling me that Alex Tipras personal promise to me, over a year ago, regarding digital asset management functionality was worthlerss?

Please sign in to leave a comment.