Relive your best memories with Luminar 3.1.2

Pinned

Comments

39 comments

Javed Jeetoo

Thanks for this update Skylum :) Can you indicate if the Nik collection plugin is also available for the windows version of Luminar ?

Comment actions Permalink
    Martial Fournier

Bonjour

Sous Windows 10 : C'est bien le logiciel à l'air un peu plus rapide même lorsque l'on exporte un image (Tif) mais je trouve la programmation de la gomme encore très lente. Quand est-il de la copie de recadrage qui est très utile lorsque l'on fait des séries (Question déjà posée) et de la touche Alt (Question déjà posée)?

Quant au recadrage il serait bon de pouvoir voir la photo recadrée avant de terminer le recadrage 

Au niveau des masques, pourquoi ne peut-on pas reprendre un masque voyant que l'on s'est trompé ?

Pourquoi ne pouvons pas ajouter facilement des plugins de Nik Collection à votre flux de travail et profiter de ce qu’ils offrent en coopération avec Luminar 3. Encore un différence de plus entre Mac et Windows  Grrrr

Cordialement

Les Cornwell

Oh great, I can now view a photo I took exactly a year ago but still can't view one I took yesterday on my EOS R because Luminar unlike most other prams still doesn't support CR3 files.

What's more, with this latest update, scrolling through photos is now painfully slow.

I bought Luminar about a year ago hoping it might be a replacement for Lightroom; however I've never bothered using it - until it's performance reaches even near to that of Lightroom, what's the point.

Unfortunately Skylum promise a lot be keep failing to deliver.

Kate Williams

Hi Javed and Martial,

Please note that, currently, using third-party plugins is available only for Mac version of Luminar. 

We'll add support for third-party plugins to the Windows version in one of the following updates. Our team is working around the clock to make it happen. 

Currently, I do not have a precise ETA for you, but we'll do our best to make it happen as soon as possible. 

Once there is any news regarding this, we'll surely inform you. 

@Martial, let me please answer your further questions: 

1. Performance: what you can see is, of course, not the final speed of Luminar 3. We'll keep improving the overall performance of the app. Still, if you'd like us to look into your particular case, please, get in touch with us https://skylum.com/support 

2. The crop is no longer applied when you are synching the adjustments. Still, we've received the feedback to make it optional and will consider doing so in the future. 

3. I believe you are referring to ALT+moving Black/White slider. Currently, J keyboard shortcut can be used to hide/show clipping on Windows. Still, we'll do our best to bring both Mac and Windows to parity in the future. 

4. Thanks for the suggestion regarding the result preview in the Crop Mode. I'll forward it to our techs for further consideration. 

In terms of masks, while painting, you may enable the mask visibility and choose to Erase instead of Paint to remove the undesired painting (see: http://prntscr.com/o94o02). Still, you are right, once the mask applied, you will not be able to adjust it, it will have to be repainted. This is something that will be changed in the future as well. 

Ron Lawrence

WHY cannot Skylum tell us which updates apply to which OS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? It appears that the Nik statement does NOT apply to Windows!!!

Martial Fournier

Kate,

Merci pour ces réponses, en espérant que celles- ci arrivent le plus vite possible.

Cordialement

Martial Fournier

Ron laxrence : c'est indiqué dans l'annonce

regards

Martial Fournier

Kate, Encore une suggestion :

Dans texture superposée, cela serait sympa de pouvoir déplacer la texture. Aujourd'hui nous ne pouvons qu'augmenter sa visibilité, zoomer, conserver le format ou faire un retournement  horizontal ou vertical. Je sais c'est déjà beaucoup, mais ce petit plus me permettrais de faire plus grande chose...

Cordialement

Ron Lawrence

Martial F. Sorry, I don't understand French.

Martial Fournier

Dommage

Javed Jeetoo

@Kate_Williams:

Thanks for this quick response. 

My appreciation to the team bringing this update  A marked improvement in the display of images in the library! Well done :)

michael durkin

‘ One of the big things we’re excited to introduce is a brand-new feature, called “On this day.”“On this day” will let you relive your photography memories. Available for both Mac and Windows, this new feature gives you the opportunity to look back on what pictures you took on this day exactly one or more years ago. To get started with this, simply click the “On this day” shortcut in the menu.’

Surely, to hear that they’ve been wasting their limited programming talents on pointless gimmicks such as this insulting nonsense that invites us to offer up our lives as recorded on film to their tender care must be rather concerning to us hapless Skylum users who have had to suffer so many disappointments to reach this 70% stage working product...?

Has Luminar Flex received this update - the version those with PC's actually use? It doesn’t appear to have done so..

STOP PRESS: Apparently 'We’ve also fixed a bug with the Japanese calendar that caused crashes'.

Phew! That's ok then..

Uwe Schmidt

Unfortunatelly no improvment of performance for my Windows system (Dell notebook, Win10, i7, 8GB RAM, 500 GB SSD) and no faster scroll in the libary or on single image view. It takes minutes to see preview.

With each update luminar is slower and slower (after starting luminar CPU nearly 100% usage, high use of RAM).

I am very dissatisfied with this update.

----------------------

update 2019-07-02

I recognized today that the edited images don't appear when I scroll through the preview, they cause the problems in my case (see screenshot)

Not edited images appear slowly while scrolling.

EM

Still a memory leak. After browsing and viewing 20 RAWs, opened only 1 RAWs at a time the memory usage ist about 11 GB.

Teriffic browser without any file information.

No color management

No sufficient print dialog

Folks at Skylum! Go back to the basics of picture processing programs. 

My patience is at an end. 

The first half of 2019 is over. In 3 months, the first upgrades of other image processing programs are usually announced. Would you like to earn a cent. Then hurry up!!

Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

For anyone who are facing issues after the update, please, contact us via https://skylum.com/support so we'll investigate them and report to our technical department if needed.

Jean-Christophe Dichant

@Uwe, Windows 10 on its own uses 8Gb of RAM. You should upgrade to see an improvement as 8Gb is really not enough with the latest W10 updates.

EM

No, my Win 10, actual version uses app. 2...3 GB.

Jean-Christophe Dichant

because all memory needs are transfered to your swipe fil which is on disk.

Les Cornwell

My PC has 64GB of RAM but the updated Luminar is slower than ever, not that it was ever quick. I've pretty much given up on it. Not fit for purpose...

Guy Meacham

We'll add support for third-party plugins to the Windows version in one of the following updates. Our team is working around the clock to make it happen. Currently, I do not have a precise ETA for you, but we'll do our best to make it happen as soon as possible. Once there is any news regarding this, we'll surely inform you. 

This is exactly what I was told in October 2017 when I first purchased Luminar. 

Bartosz Chromiński

On my PC it takes 9 seconds for a photo to load and be ready for editing. It's better than before, however it's still painfully slow when editing more than few photos.

Just for comparison - In capture one it takes 0 seconds for a photo to be ready for editing. 0.

I'm happy that Skylum releases updates, but there should be 100% focus on speed and usability, otherwise it's just gonna be funny little C tier software.

Hopefully it'll improve, but i'm pretty sure tons of people already left and didn't buy the software only because of performance problems.

michael durkin

Jean-Christophe-Dichant: Windows 10 on its own uses 8Gb of RAM. You should upgrade to see an improvement as 8Gb is really not enough with the latest W10 updates.

Really? Are you sure about this when many hapless users struggling to use this pile of **** find  that all other programmes, some, so much more sophistic  than this Micky Mouse offering work perfectly.

Please.  Stop trying to frighten the nervous.

That shiny new computer you've just brought is clearly leading you astray into thinking it makes you an instant computing guru young man!

Thanks for nothing and Enchante we’re sure.

Vincent A

Hi there,
    thanks a lot for the new update. Unfortunately I can’t confirm performance improvements. I got a LOT more crashes then before when editing photos. My pc has a quite new Windows 10 installation. All windows updates and newest drivers are installed. CPU is a Ryzen 5 2400G with 16gb of ram and luminar and my images are stored on a PCI-express m.2 SSD! When using sliders of the luminar looks the CPU often gets stuck at 100% while the GPU is sleeping. This leads to several crashes! Performance was much better before the update and almost no crashes before

Hans Wahlgren

I can't update. When I ask the program to look for new versions in W10 I get the reply that 3.1.1 (3300) is the the newest version available.

Andy Cooper

Is there still no news on Metadata?  Or am I missing something?  It's difficult to run a library without it in my opinion and I had hoped that this fairly obvious omission would be sorted by now..  I also note that a user says above that Luminar doesn't support CR3 files; tell me this isn't right because I'm just about to move to Canon.

Just on another point; I've been with you since the beginning long ago when all the functions were is seperate apps back when I used a Mac.  I no longer do so and, despite your rename and the reasons cited for it, Windows always has been and is the afterthought and playing catch-up to OSX.  Isn't it time finally to align fully and finally?  The spectacle of rubbing in the functions the Mac version can do that is not being brought to the great unwashed is, shall we say, somewhat irksome   Please correct me, but these are my thoughts.

Oh and by the way, importing 260 TIFF files seems to be beyond Luminar if my experience is anything to go by (TR16 core, 64Gb memory, 2*1080's).

It chokes me up, but I've been patient enough.  

Anna Veres

Hi Andy, 

Do you refer to the capability to search for EXIF?

This functionality will be added in the future. 

Regarding CR3 files, for now, they are indeed not supported. 

Our developers are working around the clock to implement the support of .CR3 file format. There are some technical difficulties, but we are investigating the best way to overcome them.

Once .CR3 file format is supported, we'll let you know.

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your .CR3 RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Les Cornwell

Anna,

Re: "Our developers are working around the clock to implement the support of .CR3 file format. There are some technical difficulties, but we are investigating the best way to overcome them"

This is the same stock excuse Skylum has been posting for months. Some technical difficulties?? Why have all the other programs like Lightroom & even freeware like Faststone been able to support .CR3 files for ages now? Why did they not encounter such technical problems?? CR3 files have been around for about 2 years now!!

Andy Cooper

Hi Anna,

Yes, I do.  Every other program which purports to be a genuine library exposes and allows editing of this data in-program with Smart Folders, preferably nested.  I cannot believe that this is neither in place and no date for it other than a half-hearted rating system.  You seem to be in a lovers embrace with Adobe, yet the groundswell for finding alternatives to Lightroom is growing all the time as Adobe refuses to allow purchase whilst not adding Layers into Lightroom to protect Photoshop and runs like an old dog on my system.

I realise I can use DNG, but why would I want to add converting thousands of shots from a shoot?  And is the import of a DNG going to perform as slowly as from a NEF file as at preset?  I'm trying to streamline, not add to my problems.  And is the CR3 a techincal or license issue?  I can't switch to a program that takes years and years to support, arguably, one of the biggest manufacturers in the world.

Well it's at this point I have to leave this software behind.  I've been a fanboy for too long and have to move on  There are too many excellent competitor options to continue to bat for a company that worked well whilst a fantastic plug-in producer and cared about customers and their feeedback.  

Adios.

Andy  

ps

As regards feedback, how many people wanted "On This Day" as opposed to things that have been outstanding for years?

kaushik biswas

after this update i no longer see any way to filter based on ratings, why experiment with us ?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Kaushik! Please note that we didn't remove that functionality. If you have the issue, please reach our support team with a screenshot of the problem: https://skylum.com/support 

Please sign in to leave a comment.