Switching to iPad Pro

Answered

Comments

39 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Joseph! We will definitely develop an iOS version, nevertheless not in the near future. Stay tuned!

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

@Dayo Fair enough, that's what our team is doing at the moment.
    Best regards,

Adam Woodhouse

Looking forward to an iOS version!  :)

Joseph Kritz

Well I just made the switch. I got an IPad Pro and unfortunately had to give up Lumina and go with Affinity pro and Lightroom for photo edits. I would love to use Luminary’s seeing that it is a superior editing program but obviously lacks the now a days important mobile version. Please develop your awesome program to a mobile version soon. I hated to give up Luminar but had no choice.

Craig Washington

I am wishing for an ipad pro version. As i like to travel and having to bring my laptop just for Luminar is a pain sometimes. I love luminar but have to use affinity photo. I think skylum is losing out on lot of business because of not having an ipad version.

Al Gallia

Waiting to hear when the iPad Pro app is available. 

Joseph Kritz

Me too, still waiting. I am using other apps right now and will definitely switch to luminar once or if it is available. Not many use the pc or Mac versions as much any more, especially since everything is steadily changing to mobile applications.

Ross Collins

Perhaps in Luminar 5.  I can't imagine this has high priority at present.

Muthir Kharusi

I am pretty exclusive on iPad Pro, I know a full version of photoshop is coming to the iPad Pro so hoping Luminar is also coming soon

Anastasia Davis

Hi Muthir! As we mentioned, we will consider it in the future. Still, no ETA.

Nick Sinnott

Anastasia, just want to chime in and give support for a mobile version of Luminar.  Thank you.

Colin Grant

Wasting your breath Guys. They need to get Luminar up to an acceptable standard first. All you can do is move on as you have with the underlying platform.

Sterling Williams

I just wanted to chime in, any chance Luminar 4 might be able to be used on iPad Pro? #NEXTLEVEL program indeed!!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Sterling,

At the moment we are focused on our software for MacOS and Windows, but we know that mobile apps are important to our users so we are considering this for future development.

Sterling Williams

Yes I can’t even imagine all that you are already doing there Angela w SO many groundbreaking features so thanks for replying and BEST all ways forward!! Curious is there a release date yet for iOS Luminar 4? 🙌🏻⚡️💪🏻💻💥👏🏻💯

Anastasia Davis

Hi Sterling! Thanks for your kind words.
    I am afraid there is no ETA for that yet.

Simon-Paul Dominati

Wonderful Luminar 4.
    Expecting ASAP for IPad Pro. 

Alex Mohammadi

Any updates on when this will be launched? I have been waiting for a while for this on my iPad Pro.

Joseph Kritz

I’m in the same boat as you and still waiting. It’s been almost 9 month since I first posted on this topic so hopefully soon. I’m tired of subpar editing apps.

Helena Carter

Hi,

As for now, we don't have ETA for iPad version yet since now we're mainly concentrated on Mac and Windows platforms. Nevertheless, we are always collecting our customers' feedback and we are for sure considering expanding te platforms our software support.

Sterling Williams

Wow there must be SO many thousands of people/customers of yours that would LUV to be able to work beautifully mobile on their iPads w Luminar PLS make this a priority for us Helen and $kylum Fam! #mobilefirst2020 It would take your sales to a whole other level 100

Colin Grant

There are many thousand of others who just want Skylum to focus on getting Luminar working properly and with all the promised functionality. Support for the iPad is, I hope, currently well down the list

Trevor D'silva

I think you guys better do it now cause apple released a new iPad and I sense a load a photographers dumping their macs to move to just an iPad work system. If you guys wanna stay in the game don't do what Nokia did and board the ship late. (Just a piece of advice).

I've used your trial version and I love it way more than adobe's subscription service and I feel it's the perfect alternative to their load heavy (but ios available options).

If you guys do end up making the ios version...don't forget about functionality...and ramping it up to a level that's as good as working on it from a mac (or PC).

Margaret Bright

Hi everyone,

I regret to tell you that there's still no precise ETA regarding the iPad version of Luminar. But I will pass your feedback to our team to let them know that our customers are still waiting for this version.

Sterling Williams

Wow... I just don't understand how $kylum won't embrace the ever growing iPad Mobile working world?! Especially with the newer iOS platform and now the Magic Keyboard... how is this not a priority there and with NO one there giving us any updates and real communication about all after like a year now??

Trevor D'silva

Hey Margaret - You don't have to regret anything - I was just trying to voice some form of urgency if Skylum still wants to stay in the market..

Margaret Bright

Hi Sterling,

For now, we're mainly concentrated on Mac and Windows platforms. But once we are ready to develop versions for mobile platforms, our customers will be the first ones to know! We value your feedback and hear each and every one of you, and we consider the support of mobile platforms, but developing the iPad version is not our main focus at the moment. 

Hope for your understanding.

Rob Williams

With the 2018 iPad pro + the new release of the iPad pro this week, I can only imagine a steady increase in photographers wanting to move to the more natural way of editing as well as the enjoyment of being able to instantly sync your changes across multiple machines so you can move from your office to mobile device to spend time with your family while still editing.

On1 are set to introduce this and Adobe already have it, Serif have their incredible Affinity app also on mobile devices, it would be nice if Skylum kept pace.

Austin Miller

Hi Rob. We've heard this request quite a lot and already passed the information to our engineering team!

Daniel Chung

Just got an IPad Pro and I’m hoping not to have to buy another app for photos!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.