Lightroom to Aurora 2019 images not getting to Aurora

Comments

7 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Bob! Do I understand it correctly that it happens to all files?

You noted that it happens to Aurora HDR 2018, Luminar 3 and Aurora HDR 2019. Nevertheless, we need to double-check. Please try installing the plugin manually:

• Make sure Aurora and Lightroom are closed.
    • Download the plugin file from here (click Download in the upper right): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddjr2eiaydnmyfs/AuroraHDR2019Export.lrplugin-1-0-0-2549.zip?dl=0 
    • Right-click the .zip you've downloaded > click Extract All. When prompted to specify the destination for the extracted file, click Browse. Paste the following path into the address bar in the top of the window that opens: %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules

Here's how it should look like:

• Click Select Folder and then click Extract.

Access Aurora HDR 2019 from Adobe Lightroom in the following way:

• Right-click on the image > Export > Export to Aurora HDR 2019 > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to Aurora HDR 2019, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After applying adjustments in Aurora HDR 2019 your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bob Panick

Unfortunately, no difference.  The files still aren't getting passed and all I get is the Aurora starting and sitting at the splash screen, just as if I had started Aurora on its own.  As I said, I expect this is an Adobe Lightroom bug, I was just hoping you had seen it before and maybe knew of a fix.

Bob Panick

I think I may have found the problem.  I changed the directory structure of where I'm saving my files.  Ironically to make it easier to use Luminar in the future should I decide to do that.  Files stored in the old path location work just fine. The path length for one of the ones that fails looks to be 114 characters, which might just be the problem. 

Bob Panick

After a bit more testing, I found the problem was the character '&' in the file name and path that appears to be causing the issue.  Windows doesn't have a problem with it, and LR didn't seem to have a problem either, but passing it to any of the Skylum products definitely did.

Anastasia Davis

@Bob Thanks for the investigation and passing this info to us. It is a crucial thing that needs to be tested.We appreciate you making us better.

Bob Panick

I'm not sure I would say crucial, but something to feed back to the devs.

Eric R Hart

Thank you Bob! You saved me a lot of wasted effort. I often use "&" in my file names to shorten them and have been puzzling over this problem for some time.

Please sign in to leave a comment.