Migration Tool

Answered

Comments

17 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for your feedback on this! I agree this would be useful in a variety of situations. I will share your suggestion with our developers.

Comment actions Permalink
    Erwin Kargl

Hi,

are there any news on this? With 3.1.3 Luminar works on my workstation very fine now. I can even work now with my big foto-archive with more than 150.000 images ... great job. But now I really miss the feature to migrate one Luminar catalog into another Luminar catalog.

Thanks

Erwin

Erwin Kargl

No answer yet?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Erwin,

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on merging Luminar catalogs at this time. 

Erwin Kargl

Any news on this?

Anna V

Hi Erwin, 

For now, we don't have any exact info regarding this feature. 

Claude Bellavance

Hi

Like the metadata manager (in development), a migration tool between Luminar libraries is an absolute necessity. I was very surprised when I recently realized that Luminar 4 didn't offer a way to move photos from one library to another. A lot of people need it!

It should a very high priority for Luminar's engineers.

Regards,

C.

Helena Carter

Hi Claude,

Thanks for your feedback. I will make sure to pass it to the person in charge.

Erwin Kargl

Any news on this? What's about the person in charge?
    Erwin

Victoria Grace

HI Erwin,

Currently, we are conducting negotiations with our partners that will be able to develop the separate migration tool for LR users, but there's no ETA for now. We appreciate all your patience and understanding.

Erwin Kargl

Hi Victoria, for me it's not LR, I mean between two luminar catalogues. I really miss the feature to migrate one Luminar catalog into another Luminar catalog.
    Erwin

Victoria Grace

Hi Erwin,

I see, thanks for clarifying. Indeed, this is a useful feature! I've checked this and our developers have added this feature to our to-do list as well. However, there is still no ETA on its release since they are currently focused on improving the overall performance of the app so that you get the best results with little efforts. Thanks again for your patience.

Erwin Kargl

Hi, any news on this?

Erwin

Victoria Grace

Hi Erwin,

The wait is almost over. These guys are actively developing a migration tool: https://cyme.io.
    They have also devised a strategy that will embed annotations in your exported catalog (such as IPTC fields, keywords, ...) that Luminar 4.x will be able to exploit later. Thanks for your patience!
    Erwin Kargl

Hi, I don´t know if my wait is over, when they have finished their migration tool?!

All I want is a Luminar to Luminar migration tool! Images with their edits, ratings,... should be easy migrated from one catalog to another one!

Please consider this soon

Erwin

Erwin Kargl

@Victoria Grace

And how can this Avalanche Tool help Win10 users ??? Sorry, but you missed my needs.

All I want is a Luminar to Luminar migration tool! Images with their edits, ratings,... should be easy migrated from one catalog to another one!

Erwin

Gerrit Huurman

I totally agree with Erwin. This is one big reasons (next to virtual copies) why I still use Lightroom. when on the go I use my laptop for my first edits. When back home I want to import the work I have done so far into my master catalogue.  In the end I want all my edits and pictures in one place and not on different devices.

Gerrit Huurman 

Please sign in to leave a comment.