What is with the long file name suffix created by Aurora HDR???!

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Brent,

You can name your exports however you wish from Aurora HDR 2019:

If you're using Aurora HDR 2019 as a Lightroom plugin there is no way to change the setting to append Aurora HDR 2019 to the filename. However, upon exporting from Lightroom your an batch rename your images however you wish as well:

Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any other questions for you. Have a great day!

Comment actions Permalink
    Brent Smith

Hi Angela,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, with my work flow I am using Aurora mostly as a Lightroom Plug-in. I find I get better results generating images individually rather than doing batch processing. However, when doing batch precessing I am given the option add my own suffix and I use a short and simple "AH9". This gives me all I need to know subsequently about how I created an image, yet is not overly long. I simply want to be able to do this with individually created files, and unless I'm missing something- I can't. I can't be the only one who has an issue with the default and only choice for a suffix being so long? Why not make the default something shorter?

When exporting files from Lightroom for clients I do change the file names to be descriptive. But if there is a way to strip out your long suffix without also removing the very important 4-digit file number created by my camera, I'm not aware of it???

I struggle to see logic in having such a long suffix as a default. If it were shorter, users wouldn't need to go through efforts to remove it :)

Kate Williams

Hi Brent,

Thanks for this feedback. I will forward your comments regarding the suffix to the person in charge so that they could consider changing it in the future. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.