Fujifilm lens correction

Comments

11 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Xin Dong,

Have you tried using the Lens Distortion checkbox in the RAW Develop filter (in the Lens tab)? 

Comment actions Permalink
    Xin Dong

I have. I know there is Lens Distortion Correction in Skylum. That's not my question. My question is about the algorithm (or mechanism) used by Skylum. For Fujifilm lenses, does Skylum use in-camera correction in the RAW file?

Helena Carter

Hi Xin,

We have a special database inside the program which includes all the info about the lenses. If your lenses are on this list, Lens Corrections will be applied according to these lenses' peculiarities. If not, it works based on general algorithms. 

Best regards 

Colin Grant

Is it possible to have access to the list of lenses that are included in this special database?

Xin Dong

Disappointed that the lens I use most (XF 35mm f/2) is not on the list.

Xin Dong

Could someone from Skylum confirm if Lensfun is the one used? If so, I'd love to contribute.

Kate Williams

Hi guys,

Currently, we're not using Lensfun. 

@Xin Dong, to answer your first question - Luminar is yet to correct the distortion using the correction table built into RAW.

This is something that's in our backlog and will be implemented in the future. 

Colin Grant

So what do you use Kate?

Kate Williams

@Colin, please refer to Helena's reply above - there's a special database inside the program including all the info about the lenses. Unfortunately,  the complete list is not accessible at the moment.  

Colin Grant

So it is proprietary, unique to Skylum. So much so we the users have no idea what it supports?

Daniel L

Hi all,

I found this: https://pastebin.com/bhqTy96e

I guess it´s proprietary and only for the Luminar engine.

Why making a secret of it? Over 1000 lenses are currently supported (which is nice!). Would be nice to see some Panasonic Lumix in the future ;)

Please sign in to leave a comment.