Luminar 3 Crashing

Comments

11 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Jay! Could you specify how big is your catalog? How many images are there? 

Please try creating a new catalog with a smaller folder.

In the top bar menu choose File > Catalog > New

Add a smaller folder

Comment actions Permalink
    Daryl Johnson

I have the same issue of crashing. Ive been going back and forth with online “support” without any fixes for over 3 months now. So far I've basically had a large runaround. Ive been referred to forums, told to uninstall, reinstall, rename the catalog and make a new one, I've sent error reports and system information. Ive been told to not make my folder size “too” large and to try to increase my page file size. I cant tell you how many times I've uninstalled, ran c-cleaner, reinstalled and no fix. I have no problems with Photoshop or Lightroom or any other program i own. They just work. Ive requested phone support with a technical person to help me but have been denied. No phone support but its so easy to accept my money for your unusable product. That system is in place and working fine. As you can tell I'm frustrated and over this whole fiasco. Im not the only person having the same problem. This is an issue thats been happening for months. No solution just runaround with emails and forum referrals. I will not change my file storage structure. I am a professional photographer. I have many thousands of photos arranged strategically in a system that works for me with Lightrooms catalog and in Windows explorer. Clearly there is an issue with the catalog feature of Luminar 3. I have requested a refund of my money but each time i do i get another “thing” to try. Im done waisting time. Im freeing up my hard drive space by deleting everything luminar related. Everyone even thinking about purchasing this program should beware and think twice. I wonder how rapidly this post will disappear?
    Im sure they will be on top of that issue!

Kate Williams

Hi Daryl,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. 

You mentioned that you'd rather keep all of your photos in one catalog. While we do not have a documented maximum number of photos that one can have in the Library, it's recommended to start off with fewer photos first to see how Luminar handles them. While we are working on making Luminar handle sizeable Libraries smoother, we do recommend to divide all of your photos between several catalogs, as it will significantly improve the performance of the application.

Our team will reply to your email as soon as possible in order to assist you further.

Kevin Kipper

Hi Jay, I have had this problem off and on since I purchased L3 also. I have renamed the file, worked for a short time then started again. I tried starting new catalogs, some with as few as 30 photos, still crashes. Images don't show up in the preview mode with any edits, but once opened, have all the edits applied, sometimes brushes don't work, when that happens, I know its going to crash again soon. I have recently started to open up alternate catalogs, instead of the one I am working on and it seems to be a work around. L3 finally loads and then will work for an undefined period of time (could be a few days, a week a month) and then crashes again. If you already have more than one catalog, perhaps this will help you for now, frustrating, I know. I hope they can get it fixed, if not, maybe it is time to spend my money elsewhere. 

Johan Hertecant

Same here.... So frustrating.

I see the potential of the program but the crashing makes me crazy. 

I payed 100 euro for the package, incl the luminar 4...  

Guess there is no other way than going back to Lightroom.

Odell Braziel

As a loyal Luminar customer, I'm hesitant to purchase Luminar 4; after following their recommended fixes, still no luck as it freezes during the "updating image gallery" phase. I feel ripped off because I purchased a program that I have never been able to use.

Please help!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Odell,

Please reach out to us a www.skylum.com/support and we'll see what we can do for you.

Bassam Awad

I'm having the same problems with Luminar 3. I'm working on surface pro 6 and it keeps crashing. the major issue is when Luminar crash it wouldn't run again until I restart widows!! I'm waiting for Luminar 4 hoping it will fix this bug. I really love this software and I wish if I can use it normally.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bassam,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes with Luminar 3. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue. Thanks in advance!

James Gan

Hi, 

My Luminar 3 keeps crashing. I can't even open up to change catalog. This is bad. I am using MacBook Pro 2019 model.

Helga Rowles

Hi James! You can create a new catalog like this:
    Go to the Pictures folder > Luminar Catalog and rename the .luminar file inside.

If further assistance is needed, please contact us at skylum.com/support.

Please sign in to leave a comment.