Been using Luminar for a bit and I thought I would drop by things I wish were a little more polished in the program
- The ratings and favorites buttons in the Library module are VERY finicky. They are small regardless of what size thumbnail preview, and need very exact clicks. Consider increasing the size if you hover over them, as well as adding a second black drop shadow to the icons so that they don't get lost in bright high key pictures.
- The thumbnails in the Library module don't feel quite right. Medium feels too small, but Large is too big for what I like. Consider making this just a slider with more settings so each user can find what works best for them.
- Pressing the Delete key should delete a picture in the Library module. It currently does not do this.
- When in the Library module, clicking Edit with a picture selected goes into Edit module. When in the Edit module, clicking Library just shows the file browser on the right panel and does not automatically go back to the DAM view (you have to click up in the top bar from single view to multi view to accomplish this -- very unintuitive)
- BUG / UNINTENDED PROGRAM INTERACTION FIX: While in the Edit module, click the Add Filter button to open the Filter Catalog. With the Filter Catalog still open, click on the DAM view to see your library. The FIlter Catalog now remains open on this screen instead of automatically closing.
- The left hand Film Strip should show as a small drawer arrow that can be opened / shut easily when in Edit mode, not have to go through the View > Film Strip menu.
- Pressing Enter on tools like Crop and Erase should be interpreted as clicking "Done". It currently does nothing, users HAVE to click done.
- Using a modifier such as shift or alt while changing the masking on the Sharpening filter modifier should show what edges are being sharpened -- virtually every other RAW editor has this feature.
- Clarity filter (either as a part of Develop, Raw Develop, or its own standalone Clarity) should be able to accept negative values. This is an essential step in many stylistic edits, that has no current equivilant in Luminar.
- Denoise filter rendering is VERY strange if zoomed out -- need to be at 100% zoom to get an accurate idea of what it is actually doing.
- RAW Develop filter only appears as a filter if you are working on the original image adjustment layer. If you create a new adjustment layer and add Develop, it will never add RAW develop this way -- only the regular Develop module which does not have access the Lens and Transform tabs that are inside the RAW Develop filter.
- Better Chromatic Aberration / Defringe tools. They are currently just checkboxes and do not offer users much if it does not actually correct the issue.
- Any color picker, no matter what tool it is used with, should use an averaged 5x5, or 9x9, etc, pixel sampling size. This may already be the case, but there is no documentation stating how it chooses color.
- "Ruler" horizon straightening. The crop tool should include a tool where users can use two points to find the straight horizon instead of needing to eyeball it.
- It would be really great to get a Keybindings menu where users can see what all the keyboard shortcuts are in context of each module and tool, as well as providing the ability to change and customize keybinds.
Thank you very much if you took the time to read through these. I would very much like to see Luminar continue to grow and improve.
Please sign in to leave a comment.