Red eye correct essential

Comments

11 comments

Bill Kyle

I have not used Red Eye reduction in any software for a very long time. I don't shoot a lot of direct flash though.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Larry - this is something our team will surely consider implementing in the future. 

Indeed, currently, there's no Red Eye removal tool in Luminar 3, but here's a workaround for you:

You can go to Add Filter>Professional: HSL and then decrease the reds. After that create a brush mask in a Paint mode and "paint" the eyes. Or you can do the same with Saturation Filter.

John Barnett

I as well as other still think you should include a red eye removal filter, especially on Luminar 4.   Yes, you can do work arounds, but the idea is to simplify your process, especially considering you are having a big push with AI.   Please add it to Luminar 4, it would make quite a few of us happy!!!

Helena Carter

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback! I've passed it to our developers.

Karen Sloan

I am having a difficult time learning how to use layers and filters. The work-around for red eye is beyond my ability to use Luminar. I'm disappointed software this sophisticated has no red eye removal tool. I switched from Adobe a few months ago, hoping to find a more user-friendly program for someone born way too long before technology exploded.. I want the best possible results for my photos, with the least possible steps.  

Elena Blum

Hi Karen,

Thank you very much for your appeal and your feedback. We are constantly updating our software to improve the stability of it and to make the user experience better. All our plans pertain to Luminar as a universal editing platform, so we'll be sure to consider implementing it in future releases.

A +1 for red eye removal. I've just purchased Luminar 3 having been looking for a log time for a decent replacement for Google's Picasa (gutted that's no longer supported and not available on 64 bit Mac). That  had a really good red eye correction - astounded it's not easily possible with Luminar.

Bill Kyle

Red Eye correction IS in LUMINAR 4 under PORTRAITURE.! 

Ah, but I've only got v3! Ah well!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Simon,

If you're not quite ready to upgrade to L4, the best way to get rid of red eye in L3 is to go to the HSL filter, in the red channel reduce the saturation to 0, and then use a small masking brush to apply the effect just on the red in the eye. Its not as quick as the new AI tool in L4, but it will get the job done.

Karen Sloan

Simon, don't know if you have a Mac, but if you do, here's the easiest workaround I've found with Luminar 3:

I open the "red eye" photo using Mac's Photos software, which has an excellent red eye tool. I fix the eyes, save the photo to my desktop, and then import to Luminar for further editing. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.