Two update for Luminar 3....nothing for Flex

Comments

23 comments

Michael Anderson

For a DAM I am far better off with Photo Mechanic. Their DAM is in beta right now.

Comment actions Permalink
    Howard Lebowitz

Yes, seems like Skylum has abandoned Flex already. The company seems not to have focus but are in panic mode over the poor performance of recent releases. I hope, really, they get it together.

Michael Anderson

That was what I hoped before they reorganized and decided to do Windows platform as well.   IMHO, they still have not recovered from those decisions. 

Jos Vromen

I don't hope you are right, but the silence from Skylum makes me wonder  . . .

Kirk Osborn

We are going to release updates for Luminar Flex in the nearest future.

Colin Grant

Well Kirk the nearest future is pretty much immediately. After all as time moves forward the "nearest future" is the millisecond beyond the current one! So, you are already meeting Skylum's standards by being late!

Richard Harrington

Hi guys.  

I can assure you that FLEX is NOT abandoned.

The 1.1 is in beta test right now.  I'll also be showing it at this event on Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/skylumsoftware/videos/1906238512808897/

We'll be announcing a release date very soon.  I estimate shipping is in about 3-4 weeks provided all tests results come back positive.  There are other improvements in there too for workflow and speed.

Richard Harrington

Dayo,

You said

If Luminar 3 does not work for you, you are better off with Luminar 2018 in place of Luminar Flex IMO.

Flex should only be used as a plugin.

It is not meant to be used as a standalone editing application.  But rather used with Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop Elements, Photos for macOS, or Aperture.

You can use Luminar 2018 or Luminar 3 for a standalone app, whichever you prefer.  But as a plugin, Flex is worlds better than 2018.  It offers Photoshop Smart Objects and Action support, all new workspaces for tasks, and many new looks.

Howard Lebowitz

@RichardHarrington: Great News! I use Flex as a LR plugin and find it works great.  Will the editing capabilities be on par with Luminar 3.1.1? That is will it have the new AI 2.0 filter?

Dmytro B.

@Howard - Luminar Flex will have the Accent AI 2.0 filter, yes.

Richard Harrington

Very soon Howard. We have a first look webinar Friday. We should be shipping in mid July or sooner. Specific dates soon. Plan is being locked down now for release

Howard Lebowitz

@RichardHarrington

Will this be the pattern going forward where Luminar is updated first and then Flex brought up to par months later?

Rick Hoekman

Eventhough Luminar and Luminar Flex are separate products you should release updates simultaneous. Heck it should be packaged as one. It makes more sense marketing wise and feels more complete and fair to people buying your software. Buy Luminar 3 and have the Flex plugin option to install with it. 

Colin Grant

I wonder if the plan for release has been "locked down" yet? Any update @Richard Harrington.

Michael Anderson

@Colin.      Soon.

Colin Grant

Soon! What does that mean - is it Skylum soon or real world soon :-)

Howard Lebowitz

Colin, Richard Harrington said it would be "mid-July." That was 7 days ago and also that a date would be made public "soon."

Michael Anderson

@Howard:    Good one!!!   I did not see the mid-July in the thread

Colin Grant

Yes but what does "soon" mean. Mid July is but two or three weeks away so where is the announcement that is coming "soon". It is the release that is mid July or sooner with the actual date being announced "soon".

Kate Williams

Our team is currently in the process of finalizing the release date. So as soon as we have a precise timeline for you, we will definitely let you guys know. 

Michael Anderson

@Colin.    See, I told you "soon".    Meanwhile, try Photo Mechanic 6 + DAM beta as a possible companion to Flex.

Colin Grant

To be honest I am quite happy with Lr @Michael :-)

Richard Harrington

You will see a Flex update next week.

Are you looking to boost your photo editing superpowers?

We've got you covered with this free webinar on Luminar Flex. This amazing plugin/extension helps fix and enhance photos in just seconds. It works with Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop Elements, and Photos for macOS.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/578895470606623244

Image may contain: one or more people, cloud and sky

Please sign in to leave a comment.