New Luminar 3.1.1 update brings usability and speed improvements

Comments

54 comments

Ingo Engelmann

Still no exif data in the exported photos, but at least a bit faster.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alex Young

Hi Ingo,

When I export a modified photo as a jpeg file in Luminar 3, my EXIF data is still there in the jpeg image.

Ingo Engelmann

Hi Alex, just tried again, no exif data in the jpeg.

Edit: I run Luminar as administrator, now the data is there!

Alex Young

Well, that's odd??!!!

I assume that the original RAW file has EXIF data?

I think that it's time for the Luminar luminaries to weigh in...

Cheers

Rob Strower

Well, it is faster but as soon as I started the new version 3.1.1. and all of my photos showed up my PC had a hard reset going into BIOS, restarting and as I opened Luminar my catalogue was gone.

I added my folder (pics) again and when starting Luminar again it showed up twice.

Then I deleted one of them - sure, it was the wrong one. I lost of my edited data and all the other things like favs and things.

Great.

Still, my Luminar Catalogue (CacheDocuments) holds up more than 45GB of data !

My pic folder is about 120GB.

What happened there?

I did not expected the update going wild with my Catalogue and totally destroys the edited data and all of the changes I made to my pics. Still, they are all there in the Catalogue, I am sure.

All the best,

Robin

Ingo Engelmann

Yes, the RAW file has exif data. ;)

It´s ok, it finaly works for me!

EM

Still a Memory Leack under Windows 10. Luminar eats RAM while browsing. Over time Windows has to enlarge the pagefile.

The histogram is not updated until you release the mouse button. Not usable at all.

No usable print dialog.

Sorry, but Luminar 3 is still unusable for me!

Jean Paul FUSAY

Mise à jour 3 1 1

Bon, comme à chaque mise à jour, impossible de l'installer...

reste bloqué sur "installation en cours 1 %"

Celà devient vraiment pénible, chaque mise à jour est un problème... Je vais finir par abandonner Luminar.

Tammy Scott

I tried to download the new updates. It errored out and only gave me a UNINSTALL option, so now it took out Luminar 3 totally. How do I get it back. I only see the download for the free 30 day trial. I purchased it back in Nov 2018.  Thanks

James Thomson

No improvement for me, still hangs when I use local adjustments. Any chance of someone in support giving me an update on this? Have heard nothing since one of your techies used remote access to verify and hopefully identify source of my issue a couple of months ago. Pretty poor, Skylum.

Meantime I'm using ON1 without issues.

Jean-Christophe Dichant

@Jean-Paul, l'installation est lente mais progresse et arrive à sa fin.

Luminar 3 est correctement installé en une seule fois sur mon PC.

kenny creel

Im running 1809 windows i know 1903 is pushing out soon some people have it already. i'v installed uninstalled many times. im still having the drop down icons thing issue where i cant even navigate down to the selection like crop etc. my histogram dosnt work either. can someone tell me there setting with there graphics card please. I have Intel i7 also NVIDIA GTX. Everything is updated my pc running smooth. I really like this software when its running kinda OK i couldn't imagine how cool this program would be if it ran right  thank you.       

Martial Fournier

Il a fallu 2 heures et 30 minutes pour l'installation. Skylum pourrait prévenir de cette lenteur.

Jean-Christophe Dichant

Cela me semble très long, mon installation a duré moins de 30 mn (ce qui est déjà très long).

Disque et processeur sont au niveau sur ta machine ? La mienne a deux ans et fonctionne plutôt correctement avec Luminar, même si ça reste dans l'ensemble moins réactif que Lightroom Classic. 

Martial Fournier

Mon PC doit avoir 5/6 ans:   voici des détails (je n'y connais pas grand chose)

Système
    Modèle : MSI MS-7817

Chassis Système : MSI Ordinateur de Bureau
    Carte mère : MSI H81M-P33 (MS-7817)

BIOS Système : AMI (OEM) V1.8 12/25/2014
    vPro Intel : 9.0.30.1482
    Mémoire Totale : 16Go DIMM DDR3

Processeur : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4C 3.3GHz, 3.3GHz IMC, 4x 256ko L2, 6Mo L3)
    Prise/Connecteur : FC LGA1150

Chipset
    Contrôleur de Mémoire : MSI Core (Haswell) DRAM Controller 100MHz, 2x 8Go DIMM DDR3 1.6GHz 128-bit

Module(s) de Mémoire
    Module de Mémoire : Kingston/Micron 99U5471-056A00LF 8Go DIMM DDR3 PC3-12800U DDR3-1600 (11-11-11-29 5-40-13-6)
    Module de Mémoire : Crucial/Micron BLS8G3D1609DS1S00 8Go DIMM DDR3 PC3-12800U DDR3-1600 (9-9-9-24 5-39-12-6)

Processeurs Graphiques
    OpenCL : NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (384SP 2C 1.07GHz, 2Go 5GHz)
    D3D 11 : NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (384SP 2C 1.07GHz, 2Go 5GHz)
    OpenGL : GeForce GT 740/PCIe/SSE2 (2Go)
    OpenGL : GeForce GT 740/PCIe/SSE2 (2Go)

SYSTEM (C:) : 112Go (NTFS, 4ko) @ KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (120Go, SATA600, SSD)

Jean Paul FUSAY

Jean Christophe Dichant :

en effet, c'est très long ! j'avais fait plusieurs tentatives d'installation de la mise à jour, qui paraissait bloquée à 1 %

dernière tentative : réinstallation à 22 h 30... 1%... 22 h 50 : saut à 8 % ... 23 h 10 : 14 % ... réveillé à 3 h du matin :

l'installation était terminée ! (en réalité, je ne sais pas combien de temps celà à pris)...

Fonctionne parfaitement, beaucoup plus rapide que la version précédente (sur windows 7, 8 Giga de mémoire).

J'étais sur le point de tout laisser tomber, et revenir à Lightroom ou autre...

Il me semble que Skylum devrait étudier ce problème qui est quand même anormal ???

meilleure façon de perdre des clients.

Donc, si vous avez l'impression que la mise à jour ne s'installe pas, faites comme moi, lancez là, et revenez voir plusieurs heures après...

Michael Hamer

For installation problems (e.g. "uninstall" only) on Windows 10, 1809 get the "alternative installer here in this forum entry:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360046838631-Luminar-offline-installer-download 

• Interesting. With the latest update from HDD it began to run faster than with SSD?

Julien MURSCHEL

Hi,

Thank you for this update.

Is it possible to know when the plugin feature will be implemented in Luminar 3 for Windows like in Luminar 3 for Mac please ?
    The roadmap doesn't mention it.

Darryl Brooks

They may be referring to IPTC data which keeps getting stripped out.

For me, this update crashes 80% of the time as a plugin for LIghtroom. First time I am seeing this. 

Jean-Christophe Dichant

You should not use Luminar 3 as a plugin to Lightroom but Flex, which is the Luminar plugin.

EM

I was still trying to work effectively with Luminar tonight.

I only wanted to develop 40 RAWs. So a bit more than the old film reel.

Question: where does a double click of the mouse button take you? With Luminar either back to the confusing browser, or to the 100% zoom or to derail the display ???

And that wasn't the only disappointment.

After the frustrating attempts with the current Luminar 3 I did my job with the current LR CC and for a few photos with the current CaptureOne.

Bye Skylum !!! You had your chance to convince me of Luminar in about 2 years. Unfortunately Luminar is getting worse instead of better.

Instead of using solid human intelligence for programming, you bet on AI. Was imho the wrong horse!

Jarred DuQuette

Upgraded to 3.1.1  I'm getting a vertical black bar inserted on the right side of each picture I open in luminar.  Please see attached screenshot examples.  If I export the pictures the bar is in them.  The only way to get rid of it is to crop it out... Please advise...

Terry Rogers

Hi Jarred. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support so we can better assist you.

Darlene Perkin

I give up on Luminar. Worked half an hour on a photo getting it just right and it wouldn’t save or as you term it, Export to Image. So many glitches, crashes. I like the effects but there’s no way this program can replace Photoshop. If the frustration level using the “Library” isn’t enough, then the jerky sliders and slow saving is enough to do me in.

Alan Ruedlinger

11 seconds from the time I select a raw image, to the time Luminar will allow me to edit it.  This is the same as version 3.1.0 and my earlier post to these forums a few weeks ago.  

Jpeg times are around 3 seconds. Which is ok but needs to be better.  Shooting in jpeg is of course not an option.

Anastasia Davis

@Darlene Do I understand it correctly that you cant export an image? Please reach us here with a description of the issue:
    https://skylum.com/support

@Alan Please note that the performance of the app was improved. We will be happy to help if you give us more info on your issue. How big is your catalog? How many images are there? Are they located on your internal or external drive? Please send the answers here: https://skylum.com/support 

Tomas Nilsén

Really hope thay they will fix the really slow Raw editing. JPG works fine but it take 15-30 sec for the raws befor i can begin to edit one image after selecting it. 

A. Rodriguez

I downloaded the program on Saturday and really loved how intuitive it is. However the constant freezing when switching pictures and modules render this software unusable for me. It is a shame because the edits on test pictures came out great. I have 2
    35000 images, 80 percent are jpgs.

Fredrik J

Fans on my Ryzen 5 running at 3.8Ghz with GTX 1070, 16Gb RAM STILL runs like crazy whenever I try to make any adjustments to my photos. Its still a hog. Who programmed this?

Please sign in to leave a comment.