Looks Collection Creator (LLPC) to create own looks collections

Comments

14 comments

Lynne Pariseau

This is a great idea - unfortunately I have a Mac so I'm not sure it will work but will try it later today. I downloaded a huge number of presets from Presetpro and they all went into the Usets folder.  now that folder is huge.   One thing I learned through this experience is that the Custom folder which wasn't even showing up on my page is the same as the User Preset folder == thanks to Skylum support for that bit of information !!

thanks

Lynne

Comment actions Permalink
    Paul Wolfe

Hi Daniel:

I just tried your software on a PC Windows 7.0 and it runs perfectly. Your program bundled up 38 files in under 2 seconds. It was just as fast to install them on Luminar 2018.

Thank you for uploading this.

Paul

John West

Hi Daniel

I love the idea (this will be the first time the Windows version has advantages over Mac).

However like Lynne I also am using a Mac, so if anyone tries it out and makes it work with Mac High Sierra I would love to hear about it.

Cheers

John

Daniel L

Hi all,

thanks for the feedback :) 

@Paul: Thank for checking on Windows 7

@Mac users: I created a test collection containing one regular look and one look with a LUT. You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4xpos84jt4sbzp6/OSX_Test.mplumpack/file 

Difference to other collections is that I use only one icon instead of 4 icons. If you see any errors related to missing icons (look is not shown correctly in Luminar 3 etc.) just let me know and I´ll fix this. The Windows version uses only one icon to show the look in the looks overview, unfortunately I don´t know how the Mac version handles the looks overview. After a quick google search it should be identical and Mac and Windows version should show the looks overview in the same way.

I also provided the source code and hopefully we can get a Mac version: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360032661331-How-to-create-preset-pack-or-put-presets-into-a-folder-?page=1 

Lynne Pariseau

and being a bit of a tech dummy - I'd like directions (explicit) on how to load this into the Luminar programs -- I prefer to use Flex because the cataloguing issue-  I won't use any of the luminar programs as my DAM until at least one works perfectly -- therefore I use Flex...

thanks for sharing your work. 

Daniel L

Hi Lynne

I don´t know how Flex works, but in Luminar you can add mplumpack files by browsing them via "File" -> "Add Luminar Looks Collection"

Daniel

Lynne Pariseau

thanks-- I knew that --- the set I got from propreset.com had an extra step in there -- I may try adding them all again as you suggested.

did you know that you can just copy a whole set of presets or looks from one program to another with copy and paste?  I did it and now all my new presets are part of the User Presets for all 3 Luminar versions.

Lynne

Lynne Pariseau

FYI, I opened the OSX_test.mplumpack and double clicked on the icon (that's how you usually add them in a mac) and it chose to go to Luminar 2018 --- now my 2018 is totally frozen -- I can add a photo but when I try to add a preset, it's stuck on user presets and none of the presets show up.  I opened the "contents" and it shows the old user presets but not the new one.   Fortunately L3 and Flex are still working but I won't be using 2018 until I figure out what happened to cause it to freeze.

Daniel L

Hi Lynne,

the created packages are for Luminar 3 (latest release), not Luminar 2018 or Flex! I would also always go via "File" -> "Add Luminar Looks Collection". Under Windows only Luminar 3 opens when I click on .mplumpck files (created or downloaded) and nothing happens... When I load them via "File" -> "Add Luminar Looks Collection" everything runs fine.

Lynne Pariseau

thanks -- I did that with 3 and it works great.  However by doubleclicking on the mplumpck file, which is how they told me to add files to 2018, it has totally frozen my 2018 -- and I can't find the file anywhere in 2018 to delete it and can't get to the menus because everything is locked....I'll just contact tech support.  BTW - thanks for the 2 great looks.

Lynne

Daniel L

I updated LLPC and added a short video https://youtu.be/QajZ_r7mulU

Oleg kitaev

Hey.

Daniel.

Since you did this on a Visual BASIC, for many it will be a little difficult to help you with the development of the program. If it is possible, then please kindly translate only the main program code in C or C++ with comments to the blocks and functions. Then it will be easier to help you in the development.

Daniel L

Hi Oleg,

unfortunately I´m not a developer and can not translate this to C or C++. I made this during one day and VB is what I learned years ago ;)

Daniel

Daniel L

I extended my tool: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360048117072-Workspace-Camera-Profiles-LUT-and-Collection-Editor The forum post is waiting for approval so it can take some time until you can visit the link.

I added a workspace editor, camera profile and LUT management.

(Unfortunately) Windows only...

Cheers,
    Daniel

Please sign in to leave a comment.