Luminar 3.1.1 - Ok, nothing bad to say yet...

Comments

10 comments

Maxime Savoie

Now if Luminar 3.1.1. could handle the video files (read and manage, not edit) it would be great ;)

Comment actions Permalink
    Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Maxime,

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that now Luminar 3 works better for you. 

I will forward your suggestion to the person in charge for further consideration.

Edward Killesteyn

That’s good to hear Maxine. I’m holding off updating until there are a few more posts that (hopefully) echo your experience. Getting 3.1.0 stable when first released into Australia (soft launch) was overwhelmingly frustrating for too long. 

Alex Young

The update to 3.1.1 worked well for me as well, although the installation took about an hour, stopping several times.

The program runs well so far and the Luminar Catalog folder in "Pictures" doesn't seem to get as large as quickly as previous versions did. An improvement - thanks!

I'd still like to be able to save my post changes as a .lmnr file, and  when I open a new RAW file, the camera setting profile defaults to Luminar default, no matter how I modify and save a new workspace with the profile that I prefer for my camera. Also, I can't save a Lens auto correction setting with the distortion box checked. I'm hoping that these issues will be fixed in the next update.

With Flex, I have created and saved a workspace which remembers my camera profile, but not my lens distortion setting, so an improvement over L3. I tried copying this workspace to Luminar 3, but I get the same behaviour - no camera profile is saved, I always get Luminar default which I don't want.

Ah well...I'll stick to Flex for my post processing for now - I see that the Accent Filter 2.0 is being beta tested and presumably will be available soon.

Regards,

Alex

Helena Carter

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your feedback, I will pass it to the person in charge.

Have a great day!

Richard Angstmann

I would very much like to try this new update!  Where can I access it, because when I check for updates inside Luminar, it says there are none available...

Alex Young

Hi Helena,

Thanks for passing on my suggestions. I have one other: when I use Luminar 3, which I do like, by the way, I generally don't save my edited photos. I use the Quick Edit mode, make any changes and save the altered image as a jpeg file. I then select the 'Remove from Quick Edits' command and the thumbnail picture disappears - however, the information about it is still left in the Luminar Catalog folder and must be removed manually if I don't want the folder to keep getting larger. Can this be fixed in a future update...removing a file from quick edits also removes any traces from the Luminar Catalog folder?

Best,

Alex

Helena Carter

@Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll surely pass it to the person in charge as well.

Best regards ,

freya09

Hi, is there an offline installer that we can download for this update?

Please sign in to leave a comment.