how to limit cache size?

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Terry Rogers

Hi! Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Comment actions Permalink
    Lenny Verkhovsky

@Skylum Team, please try to provide answers in forum, so all users can use your solutions.

I also see a big cache folders. 

C:\Lenny\Pictures\Pictures\Luminar Catalog-4\2019\CacheDocuments\resources

I see a copy of CR2 files in that folder, why does Luminar4 need to keep a copy of large files in cache folder?

c8a23e4b-c345-4e00-9b87-6be2d22ae26f.CR2 or cache copy ba6324a2-6f82-4632-a1eb-d0a8e14e0bd0.jpg

of Christmas sky that I've download. Just those 2 cache files are exact copies of the source image have 20Mb each.

Why Luminar saves full sized cache files? It's not a small preview thumbnails ???

Thanks.

p.s. let's try to discuss this issue here and not over personal emails. I believe all Luminars users will find your answers useful

Kate Williams

Hi Lenny,

The folder you are referring to is not the Cache of the previews. It is a folder containing resources (i.e. new image layers, texture overlays, custom sky textures, custom LUTs etc.) that you add to the original photo you're working with. It exists so that you could easily undo / redo these edits in the History. 

The previews, in their turn, are stored in the folder called PreviewCache. This one can be deleted, if necessary. Luminar will take its time to regenerate the previews upon the next launch. 

Lenny Verkhovsky

Why Luminar needs to copy resources to a different location for layers of it can keep pointers to the file location? Looks like a waste of storage resources and time for copying.
    I also didn't see any difference in preview for new images or those, which already have previews in cache.

Helena Carter

Hi Lenny,

We're constantly improving and optimizing our software. I will make sure to forward your feedback to our developers.

Please sign in to leave a comment.