Masking accuracy

Comments

7 comments

Egidio Leitao

I have been using Luminar since the beginning but haven't figured out how to do mask the way LR does. LR's automask is really very useful and accurate. The same goes with the HSL tool. A user does not have to know the exact color to be changed. You just need to click on the color and the sliders change. I've been asking for a similar feature in Luminar since the beginning, but it's not a priority, it seems.

Comment actions Permalink
    Colin Grant

The masking tools in Luminar are at best archaic and have been since the beginning. There does not appear to be any chance of that changing any time soon. Colour management is the same. Which is why I am sticking with Lr.

Angela Andrieux

At this time Luminar doesn't have edge-aware masking, but it is on our feature request list. I will be happy to share your vote for this feature with our developers.

Thanks everyone.

Tihomir Serbic

Yes Angela, please place edge-aware masking on top of the list. A lot of Luminar users are missing this feature found in Lightroom and free Topaz Studio. I have seen complaints on lack of this feature from Luminar users on various photography forums.
    That feature alone is enough for many Lightroom users to stick with Lightroom. Luminar with addition of this feature would be much better competition to Lightroom.

While there, the Luminar Tools also needs serious refinement. While cloning and eraser work absolutely wonderfully, lack of "undo" button to at least undo last action that did not look good and lack of "cancel" button to exit the tool without applying the changes, is serious issue.
    For example if you erase a couple od spots and one of them does not render acceptably, there is nothing you can do. Even worse, you must click "Done" to apply changes and then go back to delete adjustment layer to remove all corrections and then go back to Tools and start from scratch. A single poor rendering can cost you a lot of time without ability to undo action.

Egidio Leitao

Tihomir,

You  brought up some key issues that Luminar/Aurora lack: a cancel button and the edge-aware masking tool. I wish those two critical points were addressed in an update not too far into the future.

Lynne Pariseau

the undo button is sadly missed and in my case a necessity!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.