erase tool anomaly

Comments

17 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Harold,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Erase tool! Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate this issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Luminar from the beginning

The support responses have not provide any "troubleshooting" steps to investigate the problem. The support responses have only provided Luminar 3.1 "re-install" steps over and over again.

If a problem does not exist in Luminar 2018 yet it is clearly does in Luminar 3.1, I would expect Skylum to be interested in resolving it. With the constant support scripted replies of uninstall and install leads me to believe the support staff does not have valid troubleshooting skills to investigate issues. Or, they have never been properly trained. Or, they are an outsourced third party with the intention to reply with only scripted responses.  If so the support staff is not a fault, but it is a bigger problem of Skylum's management not providing the proper support. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Harold,

I'm sorry that your experience with our support team has been frustrating. Our in-house team of techs have methodical steps that we work through to troubleshoot issues - and one of the early steps is to re-install as it solves a lot of problems.

Since that didn't work for your situation please reply via email and we'll continue to investigate the problem and will provide alternative suggestions. We want to get you up and running smoothly.

At least five times i have been given scripted responses to re-install Luminar3.   It clearly does not resolved the problem.   Repeatedly responding with scripted re-install instruction is NOT methodical steps.  Repeating the same thing over and over again expecting a different results is insanity.  

I have asked the support persons to provide some type of troubleshooting steps (like enabling debugging) to help identify the problem.  It was never acknowledged as something they can do or if they can reach out to an escalated resource to enable it.  

Also, I have asked for the Skylum Director of Support contact information, and it was never acknowledged or responded to.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Harold,

I'm very sorry that you've received the same instructions multiple times. If there is something in those instructions that I can clarify for you, please let me know. I'm happy to help.

You can also email our customer support director at support@skylum.com attention: Alina Vasylchyk. 

Colin Grant

Angela, I don't think Harold requires clarification. He needs help! I am sure he fully understands how to reinstall - after all it appears he has been asked to do it mant times. He has picked up on what is becoming the infuriating norm of Support - the dreaded scripted and meaningless response. How many times have I heard - "it will be fixed in a future update". Now that is really helpful!

Come on guys - get the act together and become customer focussed and proactive.

The Skylum support has no integrity or honor. 

Even though the erase tool works in Luminar 2018 it does not in Luminar 3.1, so   support tells me to re-install MAC OS X.   Where is the logical to suggest this?  What real troubleshooting did they do to identify a problem with MAC OS X.  They did nothing.  Is that the so called "methodical" troubleshooting.  They only other suggestions were to re-install Luminar 3.1 over and over and over.  I have worked in IT technical support both on the hardware and operating system side.   I would be reprimanded or even dismissed for giving out such inept support.  Clearly, Skylum does not care about quality technical support. 

As a further testing I installed Luminar Flex as a trial version.  The erase tool works in Flex.  I have Luminar 2018 and Luminar Flex with a working erase tool.  I am beyond infuriated with Skylum's lack of any competent support or even have any integrity to identify a bug in their Luminar 3.1 product.  It is down right shameful.  If Skylum cannot or will not identify a simple erase tool anomaly how can anyone have any trust for them to address more complicated bugs?  

I started Luminar 3.1 up to make sure it still has the erase tool problem, and it froze and eventually crashed.  Smack my forehead in disgust!

Anna V

Hi, 

Please make sure that your computer meets all the requirements for Luminar 3:

• MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, Mac Pro, Mac mini
    • Processor Intel 64-bit Core 2 Duo or better
    • Mac from early 2010 or newer
    • Memory 8 Gb RAM or more
    • macOS Mojave 10.14, High Sierra 10.13.1, Sierra 10.12.6, El Capitan 10.11.5
    • Hard disk 10 GB free space, SSD for best performance
    • Display 1280x768 size or better

We can guarantee the smooth work of the app only in case if your computer meets all the requirements. 

Ian McPhee

Even with these requirements all met.... problems persist Anna..... I am now only left to ask what form the “guarantee” takes? It would seem that reassurances of improvements to follow are cold comfort for those of us who wished for something robust and functional at the outset.

Anna V

Hi Ian, 

We do our best to improve the performance and stability of Luminar 3.

We release the updates regularly, the next one will be out within a week.

Hope for your patience. 

Anna,

Concerning your remark about meeting hardware requirements, doesn't Luminar 2018 and Luminar Flex have the same requirements?   Did you even read my first post whch included my mac informatioin?I    Your useless reply is yet another inept example.  

Andreas Brodow

The erase tool doesn't work for me either.
    It looks fine after I've pressed the erase button but the spots reemerge after pressing the done button.
    This is clearly a bug and I think it's a recent bug, I think it worked before 3.1.1

I just tried Luminar 2018 and Luminar Flex, the erase tool works fine in both applications

Another weird thing, I opened another catalogue with pics edited around a week ago. I had a picture with an erase layer with a removed spot, I deleted the layer and tried to erase the spot again. Now the same bug appeared in this picture too that worked a week ago.

Peter Bocklandt

I have the same problem.

I am so disapointed in the software. When using the erase tool every thing looks fine,but when i continiou editing on my raw file everything reemerges.

Same with the clone stamp tool.

The erased image layer shows the erased portion of the photo, but doesn't have my edits.

Also the software doesn't support CR3 rawe files.

I use a I7 with 16GB of rame.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Peter! Please reach our support team and we will investigate your case: https://skylum.com/support 

Andreas Brodow

@Anastasia I already have a ticket about this, created 4 months ago. 

I got this reply 5 juli,

"Hi Andreas,

Our tech team has managed to reproduce the issue with Erase tool and now they are doing their best to get it fixed. Stay tuned."

Since then not a word.

Sadly I will not be purchasing Luminar 4, it's been too much trouble with Luminar 3, especially with external drives and NAS setups. I've gone over to Capture One instead, works flawlessly for me. 

Anastasia Davis

@Andreas We are sorry for the delay in a fix. I will forward your words to our technical department so they implement a fix for the issue sooner.

Andreas Brodow

@Anastasia I don't have big hopes, the error occurs when the catalog resides on a NAS, not if I have the catalog on my internal disc and Skylum doesn't seem to prioritize error occuring when you are using a NAS, probably because of how the DAM is implemented, but I hope you prove me wrong :-)

Please sign in to leave a comment.