Luminar 3.1 SLOW

Comments

10 comments

Matej Peternel

Hi !

I'm a new user of Luminar 3 and i was also using Lightroom before, not long time, maybe few months, but i decided to leave monthly subscription from Adobe.

But yes, like you mentioned.

Loading time and switching between photos could take long time.

I also have problems while exporting photos, sometimes nothing happens while clicking on export, so i must reload Luminar 3 again, then works.

Otherwise i really like interface of Luminar 3 and overall i like it.

Windows 10 64bit Home.

Intel i7 2600k

12gb ram

nvidia gt1030

Samsung 860 evo 500gb ssd

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Could you specify how big are your catalogs? How many images are there? Are they on your external or internal drive?
    You can try creating a smaller catalog:
    in the top bar menu choose File > Catalog > New

Matej Peternel

I have images for editing always on my internal drive.

I don't have any catalogs.

I'm using Luminar 3 for editing images, so when editing is finished i move images to different location, 

so there are no catalogs. And that should not be a problem.

Pedro Vieira

My catalog has about 2000 images that are stored on a USB3.1 4TB external drive. 

Anastasia Davis

Matej, could you send us a screenshot of your Luminar library? Also, send us your full system info:

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it and attach this text file to via form here: https://skylum.com/support

Pedro, could you try to create a new catalog with photos on your internal drive? This way, we will see if that is the issue.

Matej Peternel

Full system info sended.

Like i said, i don't have any Luminar library. All files, after editing are going to different location, so Luminar doesn't look for any files previously loaded in program. It's empty.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Matej

Thank you for sending us the file.

We will do our best to reply to you soon. 

Pedro Vieira

Uh excuse me, Matej isn’t the original poster, I am. Help me before you help him. I’m trying to find out why it’s so slow and instead you help him.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Pedro, 

It seems you haven't contacted us via https://skylum.com/support as my colleague suggested. 

Please make sure to send the email to support@skylum.com so we could assist you in a more effective way. 

Please also attach the PC info to your email. 

jeff crawford

I also have issues with the slowness, It takes 2 min to startup after selecting the icon to have a thumbnail show up in the library.

When selecting a photo to edit it takes a few sec to be able to edit.

I love this program! It is as close to the Sony colors etc of any program I have used. 

This started after the last update

Please sign in to leave a comment.