Default TIFF compression when using from Lightroom?

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Simone,

Since you are sending the source files to Luminar and Aurora you are overriding Lightroom's settings for the compressed TIFFs. Instead, try Export > Luminar 3 > Edit a Copy With Lightroom Adjustments. This will allow you to configure the file you send and Luminar will respect those settings upon return to Lightroom.

Comment actions Permalink
    Simone Avogadro

Hi Angela,

thanks for the hint but the option you suggest implies generating a (rather large) TIFF anytime.

Currently I'm using Aurora/Luminar as "alternatives" to Lightroom and what I want to do is see what I can get from the same picture (Canon's CR2) using the adjustment tools from Lightroom, Aurora and Luminar: this basically means that inside Lightroom I've already altered the picture substantially and within Aurora/Luminar I want to start from scratch (sometimes the results are really so amazing I keep all the three versions!).

So to my understanding Luminar/Aurora are opening the original Canon CR2 file, thus there's no setting on the Lightroom side about compression, so I would expect those settings to be on the Luminar/Aurora side ! (Maybe this might just become a feature request)

thanks for the support!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Simone,

I will certainly add the option to configure the files returning to Lightroom to our feature request list.

In the meantime, a possible workaround would be to open your CR2 files in Aurora and/or Luminar as standalones.

In Lightroom, find the image you wish to work on and right-click > Show in Explorer. From there you can load the image directly into Aurora or use the Quick Edit mode in Luminar (you can also import the folder of images into Luminar's Library if you wish - both LR and Luminar can reference the same folder simultaneously.)

Once you've finished your edits, export your image in the file format of your choice (TIFF compression is available in the export dialog) and then sync the folder in Lightroom so that your edits show there as well.

I hope that helps!

Simone Avogadro

Makes sense: thanks!

Please sign in to leave a comment.