Luminar 3 - Crash during export

Comments

29 comments

Antonio Frasnedo

Hello:

I also get the same error.

Skylum technical support sent me an email telling me to uninstall and reinstall Luminar 3, but the problem persists.

This is the content of the email sent to me:

Hi everyone - Please try reinstalling the app in the following way: 

• Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    • Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall](you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    • Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    • Find the folder “Luminar 3” and delete it all the files except for StateSettings file;
    • Go to Pictures -> Luminar Catalog and rename it (if you have the Catalog in another folder, please navigate to it and rename it);
    • Install the app once again and launch it: https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Luminar3_Installer.exe 

Let us know how it works. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Christopher Erdal

I've started exporting in batches of 30 or so after restarting Luminar and it seems to be working, but you have to leave the PC alone for 20 minutes each time. I also set several greedy background tasks to minimum priority and Luminar to high priority. Roughly 35 seconds per photo is a lot, especially after having had to wait 20 seconds to start editing each one in the first place.

Terry Rogers

Hi Sam. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to help you.

Thomas Friedrich

Hi Terry and supportteam,

i`ve the same crash at export - what´s the mipl.dll? 

Regards

Thomas

Sam C

I asked as well, Skylum support sent me...

What is MIPL.dll?
    >>> A DLL file, short for Dynamic Link Library, is a type of file that contains instructions that other programs can call upon to do certain things. This way, multiple programs can share the abilities programmed into a single file, and even do so simultaneously. When an application requires Mipl.dll, Windows will check the application and system folders for this .dll file. If the file is missing you may receive an error and the application may not function properly.

Sam C

After a lot of back and forth on this issue. The issue is still not fixed for me. I can't say the support team didn't try. 30 emails later there is still no fix and unfortunately needs to go back to their dev team.

Good (and bad) others are having this issue. Clearly this is an issue, and hopefully one that gets prioritised.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Sam! We are working on the issue. Thanks for cooperation.

Florian

Hi Team,

a few days ago, i bought luminar, because the software looks great and it works very well in the trial.

But while i edited my first big photo set with around 400 pictures, the disillusion is coming.

The performance while the editing is not very fast. The software uses very high system capacities, and, the software crashes around 20 times, while the editing of the set.

Now i want to export the set. Currently i already exported 125 photos and luminar crashes the second time already, first crash after 40 pictures, second crash after 100 pictures.

What can we do? Stability is the absolute basic requirement.

Regards

Florian

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Luminar 3.exe, Version: 3.1.1.3300, Zeitstempel: 0x5cf4f2cd
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: mipl.dll, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5cf4f18c
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
    Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000319b9b
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3570
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d52611157f56f0
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3\Luminar 3.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3\mipl.dll

Sam C

The latest update has actually made the issue worse, and introduced new issues - the app is now more unstable than before, crashing regularly during editing and exporting.

@Florian - unfortunately features are being prioritised over making this software stable. I've never seen anything like it. I'd suggest trying RawTherapee.

The solution is to downgrade windows, wait for a fix or to get your money back.

None of these are particularly helpful, in light of that the new update is not really an update.

Angela Andrieux

@Florian - Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate the issue.

Chris Steckroth

I'm having the same issues as what seems like everyone else.  I've tried exporting 3,240 photos at once, 10 photos at once, and even 1 photo at a time.  Luminar 3 crashes nearly every time.  I've been able to export 52 photos successfully.  I purchased the software today through a third party, how do I go about getting a refund--do I need to contact the third party?  The software has some great features but it's just unusable.  I guess I'm going back to Lightroom.  The specs of the current machine I'm running it on are below.  I'm going to try it on my desktop machine as well to see if that's any more usable.

Lenovo Yoga 920
    Windows 10 Home
    i7 8550U
    8GB RAM
    1TB NVMe m.2 SSD
    Integrated UHD620 graphics
    1920x1080 screen resolution

Faulting application name: Luminar 3.exe, version: 3.1.2.3575, time stamp: 0x5d10cefc
    Faulting module name: mipl.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d10cdc3
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000002c0e47
    Faulting process id: 0x2434
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d52eec1ad750ce
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3\Luminar 3.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3\mipl.dll
    Report Id: 7a84e164-ad9c-428a-93bd-8598243b796e
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anna V

Hi Chris,  

Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a better way.

Marko Lainio

Same problem here! I can export maybe 20-30 photos and then Luminar either crashes or crashes and closes itself. It's quite impossible to export something like 300 images! And it's sooo sloooow to export too!

Christian Kaiser

Win10  64bit - i5, 8GB - DELL Laptop

Hi,
    I have the same issue.

I installed a complete NEW Win10 and installed LuminarFlex. After editing 4-5 RAW-Files and export to JPG LuminarFlex doesn't work anymore. I have to stop the task-manger and re-start it.

The export from an RAW to a JPG needs approx. 1-2 minutes.

I'm frustrated and  now you'll release "Luminar 4". Please fix at first the problems in 3 and Flex.

Christian

Chris Steckroth

Skylum support, if this is fixed in a version 4, I will expect a free upgrade, as will, I'm sure, a great deal of other users. I have tried this on three different machines, all running Windows 10 x64 with a variety of hardware specs, all with the same issue.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Chris! Please reach our customer support so we could help you with that: https://skylum.com/support 

Florian

@ Chris, i am your opinion too. If this is fixed in Luminar 4, my expectation is a free upgrade. The actual stability is a impertinence.

Florian

@Anastasia, everywhere you can read the same problems. Here in your community, also in many user groups in the social media...

Chris Steckroth

@Anastasia, I've done that, and I received the same suggestion as everyone else has received--remove completely, rename catalogs, reinstall, etc.  The problem persists on fresh installs (3 of my own), existing installs, fresh installs on fresh windows installation (as Christian mentioned earlier), various hardware, etc.  Please stop treating every case like a one-off.  The problem is global, it is most certainly based in your software, and needs some desperate attention from the development team, not tech support.  I'd be willing to bet there are far more people crying for attention to stability issues than crying for new features.  I'm still within the 60-day money back guarantee period, but unfortunately I purchased my software from a third-party vendor.  Don't get me wrong, the software has some really great features that I really like, but if I can't use them, they're no good to me.  

Angela Andrieux

Hi Chris,

Please reply via email to our support team and we will be happy to work with you to find the best solution.

Sam C

You keep asking people to contact support, but every ticket I have raised is unresolved. It's like a really bad joke, over and over again.

Any update on this issue and a fix that your paying customers have asked for and deserve?

Chris Steckroth

@Sam C, you hit the nail on the head.

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! We are doing our best to resolve all the tickets. @Sam We have reproduced the issue and our technical department is working on it.

Sam C

OK, that's great Anastasia.

Just so you're aware it's not just exporting where it crashes, it crashes all the time, during editing as well. The whole Windows build is extremely unstable. I hope that's been able to be reproduced as well.

On a typical evening of editing I would restart the app every 4 to 5 photos because it crashes.

We are all very much looking forward to this fix. I'll even try a beta build once you have one available.

Thanks,

Sam

Kate Williams

Hi Sam,

We truly appreciate your willingness to make Luminar better. We're investigating that crash as well and we'll do our best to fix it in the upcoming releases.

Chris Steckroth

Is there a beta version of Luminar 4 that we can try?  If Skylum won't upgrade Luminar 3 for free due to the issues, I'd like to see if Luminar 4 fixes the issues before I drop another $60 on an upgrade.  

Angela Andrieux

Hi Chris,

We haven't opened up beta testing yet, but if you are interested please contact us at support@skylum.com and we'll add you to the beta testing interest list.

Chris Steckroth

It's been a while.  Has anyone having the issues described here tried Luminar 4?  Are the issues resolved?

Chris Steckroth

Gary Hutchings I have only been trying to export to an internal local disk, not to an external or network storage.  

Please sign in to leave a comment.