Luminar 3 Latest Version Will Not Run - Opens Mountain Splash Page Then Closes

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Luminar! Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate the issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    ADAM FAVRE

Already did so last night. Patiently awaiting a response.  

Angela Andrieux

Hi Adam,

Thank you! One of our techs will reply via email as soon as possible.

Michael Dunn

Sorry to jump on someone else's thread but I have a similar problem with Luminar 3 being very slow to open and often just failing to do so (same mountain splash screen but no opening of software). I also am still evaluating L3 but cannot recommend it to anyone given the tediousness of just opening the program! By way of comparison, I also use Darktable which opens in 9 sec whereas L3 didn't open even after 5 min waiting! (ctrl-alt-del needed to close the splash screen) and both software are accessing the images on an external drive.

One more thing...what use are these forum questions if the Luminar support staff just ask people to email them privately for support? The whole idea of maintaining community pages is to allow other users with similar issues to possibly troubleshoot their own issue without contacting your support team. So many of the questions posed in many of these posts never contain the answer or even indicate whether the issue was solved or not.

ADAM FAVRE

@Michael Dunn - I would encourage you to go ahead and put in a trouble ticket.  I am not going to share all of my back and forth with tech support, but they appear to be aware that there is an issue and they hope to have it fixed next release. I do and also do not understand why they don't put something into the thread to help out the end users, except that there are ALWAYS people on here wanting to crucify them ion the smallest of issues.  Should it be better?  Of course, but so should Lightroom and every other solution out there.  It should ALL run PERFECTLY!

At the moment, by best solution is to roll back to Luminar 2018 and see if that is running.  I am looking for a way OUT of Lightroom and up until late last week, Luminar 3 was running decent. I had uninstalled and then reinstalled as an admin and had things running no more or less smoothly than Lightroom, including the library module.

The tech support has been responsive, though not yet able to produce a solution other than to wait for the next release.  Your experience may be different and I would encourage to get a ticket into the pipeline now.  The results are great and the software, including the "erase feature" for AI object removal works very well and I am NOT running a top of the line AMD based homebuildi computer.  On a specced out machine, when they have all the magic software dialed in, this will be amazing and for the $70 I paid to jump in, I will wait a bit longer before moving on.  I think we have something here, just need a few more nuts and bolts tightened up! ;-)

Michael Dunn

@Adam Favre

Fair enough, I take your points. I'm so used to other fora where users help each other along with assistance from Tech support also. Usually there are 2 service options: 1. email to tech support 2. community forum for user to user support but Skylum seems to mix them together.

Mine is a Dell xps 13 of only a couple years age, so not bleeding edge but not a relic either! And, as I said, this is the only app that takes so darn long just to open. I agree the software looks promising/appealing but it's so hard to commit to it or recommend to others with such lag issues. And, yes, I did make my own post separately for support.

Fingers crossed that they can deliver on the promise of the software!

Helena Carter

Hi Michael, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing this issue. The thing is, we ask you to contact us via email because we need to take a look at your event logs so that we could verify that this problem is the one we're aware of.

Also, for everyone, there are solutions which helped some of our customers.

1. Download Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    2. Download Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    3. Download Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Download should begin automatically as soon as you click the link.
    4. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type in Add or remove programs. Windows will suggest the matching app, open it.
    5. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    6. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    7. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    8. Install the package you downloaded in Step 1.
    9. Install the package you downloaded in Step 2.
    10. Install the package you downloaded in Step 3.

Please sign in to leave a comment.