Luminar Vs Adobe Bridge

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ricardo,

Luminar 3 already has the library for image management. Is there specific functionality in Adobe Bridget that you're looking for in Luminar?

IRG - Ricardo Galvão

Hi Angela Andrieux
    I did not fihd this way

image.png
    I did not found the RAW mode.
    let me explain....

You made the same mistake as Adobe when creating Lightroom.
    There are several professional photographers like me who DO NOT use LR. do you know why? Why did Adobe put the gallery files in the same software ... so much so that the adobe camera raw ACR has exactly the same tools as the Lightroom develop mode ... without that lot of windows ... I just need the ACR window to edit one or several images (I have not seen how to edit multiple images at the same time in Luminar ...) never mind
    In Photoshop we have the ACR (RAW develop mode) that is opened from the bridge and not inside it. nor within Photoshop. it's just a separate window ...
    I hope you understand that I want to help you, I would really like to get out of adobe slavery, your software is great for beginners, simple and easy, but I would like it to be as simple as that for those who are already badass in photography as I am
    I have more then 40 years in photography ... and I am ADOBE ACE IN PHOTOSHOP
    If you think, my help would be gratefull.
    I am at the disposal of the skylum team
    Cheers from Brazil
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Ricardo,

You can find the RAW Develop Filter in the Filters list (It will only appear when you are working on a raw file, otherwise it will say Develop).

As for applying edits to multiple images you can use the batch processing feature. More info here: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-19-batch-processing-photos

You can also sync edits across multiple photos in the Library by selecting multiple photos and then right-click > Adjustments > Sync.

If you have any specific suggestions on how we can improve Luminar, please share them with us.

IRG - Ricardo Galvão

I suggest for now to stack photos. Like Bridge, I can stack photos as I choose: same exposure, to transform BNW etc. any kind of criteria.
    Cause sometimes the files are spread all over, then I select each one search all over the place then I put on a stack. If you do not understand see in Bridge.
    Thanks for the opportunity to help...

IRG - Ricardo Galvão

Smart Collections are awesome too. If you can make this too, many people will buy Luminar...
    With smart colecctions we do not need to copy to another folder. We just need to choose a criteria and chosse smart collection , Bridge has it, As a Virtual copy in LR but much more easy. And do not crowded my HD with real copies 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for the suggestions! Stacking, Smart Collections, and Virtual Copies are all on our feature request list so hopefully we can implement them in the future.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Ricardo! Thanks, I have passed your request to our developers. We will consider it.

Best regards,

Please sign in to leave a comment.