Saved look not like as created

Comments

4 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Anton,

I'm afraid Dodge and Burn doesn't work with Looks as you can't save the masks in Looks.

You can check more about custom looks here: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-14-customizing-luminar-looks

Comment actions Permalink
    Anton Zvanut

OK, thanks,great, I had a look at the link but I miss there the rules of what goes in the L3 Look and what doesn't, like Dodge&Burn. Is there some other user documentation in place or should I just "try and see" filter by filter?

Kind, regards,

Kate Williams

Hi Anton,

Currently, you can save all the filter settings in Looks. However, Image Layers, Tools (e.g. cropping, clone and stamp, etc.) and masks will not be saved in a custom Look. 

Anton Zvanut

Thanks again, 

Thinking of Time Lapse projects a process that would make use of Custom Look without the stated save limits would represent a significant improvement, advantage. As it is, at my opinion, Custom Looks + Batch processing is not competitive to simple editing of the resulting video. 

I other words, why editing hundreds or thousands of time lapse images one by one if I can achieve practically the same editing results by using the simplest video editing tool of the compiled video in one go.

The right thing would be to make use of sophisticated L3 photo editing before compiling a video. So I sincerely hope that the L3 Custom Look save limits would soon be over.

Kind regards,

Please sign in to leave a comment.