destructive file saving

Comments

2 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy to share your suggestion with our developers but I want to make sure I understand what you're asking for.

At this time you can export a photo to a JPG/TIFF/etc. which is not re-editable. This can be sent to your cloud folder and synced across devices. If you no longer want to keep the edited image in Luminar you can delete it from your library.

You mentioned re-importing the edited image - what is your purpose for doing so if you no longer want to view/re-edit the image?

Thanks for your time to clarify.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bryan Sturdy

Hi - I think this is similar to the request made https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360042457391-Destructive-editing-two-export-options by Cameron Bellerby - I just commented on that one too!  If I understand Thomas correctly he is asking for the ability to overwrite the original file as a save option.  This is useful when the files Luminar points to are also viewed through other applications.  To avoid it being destructive and users overwriting a file by mistake you could get Luminar to save the original to a (hidden) backup sub-folder (say .LuminarOriginals) in the same directory containing the photo the first time the overwrite is used.  Then Luminar can ignore those specific backup folders.  If users don't want the originals they could then delete them manually (or I suppose it could be an application preference as to whether overwrite first backs up the original).

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.