Using internal and external HDD

Comments

5 comments

Leila Evans

Hi Alexander - You can move your folders with images from an internal to an external drive without any issues. You'll just need to right-click on them in Luminar and choose Locate Folder option to point out its new location.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alexander Bornat

and i am also able to keep all the raw editing while moving the folder?

Alexander Bornat

Dear Leila, you're right I am able to move folders in both directions (internal/external) but now that I´ve tried it I still have the problem that my editing aren´t transferred. they seemed to be connected to the drive were the editing has been done first.

any idea how to solve the problem?

Terry Rogers

Hi Alexander, we are aware of this issue and plan to provide a fix in our future releases. For now, moving folders from your internal to external drive may indeed result in losing edits. 

Eric

@Alexander, you can indeed move images with edits from one drive to another as I described in this post, however, I did this with the whole catalog. Moving just select images with edits to another drive might not be possible, I think that's what Terry is referring to.

I guess what you could try is add the external drive with "Add New Folder" to the Library so that Luminar has a reference to that additional location. Then close Luminar and move the images to the external drive. Once you reopen Luminar, it will display an exclamation point indicating that it can't locate them anymore as it expects them to be on the internal drive. Right-click on the folder and choose "Locate Folder" to point to the new location on the external drive. - Not sure if this approach works but might be worth a try.

Please sign in to leave a comment.