Liminar Processing Speed

Comments

5 comments

Keith George

I agree,

The newest update 3.1.0 is very slow. I was trying to edit some RAW photos yesterday and I was loosing my mind!!

At least 5 seconds for photo to sharpen on screen, a few times I deleted photos, not realizing they were not fully loaded yet, it took so long. the The program ran painfully slow!!

Keith

Comment actions Permalink
    Keith Ritchie

Thanks, I wanted to be sure it wasn't just me.  I had reported this to Luminar before 3.1.0 came out an was told it was an issue they would be looking at.  I am also processing RAW photos and it is mind numbing to have to wait for 5 sec to get a sharp image to process.

Andrew Hewitt

It's never improved for me neither, similar era of iMac, a Late 2013 with 16GB RAM, but running on an internal SSD now. More like 5-10 seconds per image here. It doesn't sound like a lot, but when you have hundreds of images to process, it's impractical to use Luminar at all for mass editing.

I'm only testing with a small subset of images, couple thousand or so, but my main collection is 50,000, and I haven't braved all that yet.

However, on the positive side, it is at least very stable now, and I do like the results I get from the initial AI auto settings.

It's still too fiddly to apply things like bulk lens corrections, it needs to be a default application option.

It's getting there though.

For now I've planted my roots into the Adobe CC system a bit more, it's working for me, and in reality the subscription packages are actually good value, and it works well with Luminar as a plugin. Just a shame that we now have the separated Flex version, that has lost feature parity with the main Luminar app.

I'm watching this space, as soon as Luminar gets good enough I'll probably switch, but the DAM needs a bit more work, performance needs working on, and we need the Lightroom migration tool that was promised.

Cheers

Andy.

Gal Steinberg

Yes, it is slow, and would be nice if this process would work in the background, right now can’t do anything while exporting.

Kate Williams

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback  - it's much appreciated. 

We will keep improving the performance, and the app will be faster in one of the future updates, for sure. 

For now, if you would like us to look into your particular case, please, do not hesitate to get in touch via https://skylum.com/support

Please sign in to leave a comment.