Feature Request: Videos Support

Comments

7 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for this suggestion. I will forward it to the person in charge and it will be surely considered. 

Please feel free to check our Roadmap to find out what's on our current to-do list: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

Comment actions Permalink
    Ross Collins

Shouldn't "Next Update" on the road map be titled "Current Update"?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Ross! Thanks for paying attention to this. We will update the roadmap in the near future.

Greg Veres

Hi, I have spent the day searching for a photo management tool to replace Lightroom classic. Luminar seems really close, but without video playback support, I am moving on to the next one in the list. 

Since we all carry around a camera now (cell phone) and those cameras have quick access to creating video, I think it is imperative that a photo management tool be able to at a minimum show that there is a video file in the directory and play that video file. When we go on a vacation now, we always come back with a mix of photos and videos. I am not expecting to spend hours cutting the videos together and if I did, I would expect to use another tool for that job. But once I am done, I would put the resulting video back into the directory with all my photos from that vacation / shoot and I would expect my photo management tool to recognize it and view them. 

I will keep an eye on Luminar to see if you guys add that feature before I settle on a replacement for Lightroom. BTW, it is the very poor handling of videos and Apple Live Photos that is causing me to leave Lightroom. 

Greg Veres

Also, the link to the roadmap page just redirects back to the product page for Luminar. 

Terry Rogers

Hi Greg! We are working on it right now and will update the page soon.

mumutuu

@Greg Veres
    I am also looking for, I left Lr for the same reason, have you found it?

Please sign in to leave a comment.