Kirk Osborn

Could you specify the OS you're using?

Comment actions Permalink
    噹 何

windows 10 home edition x64

Terry Rogers

Please try the following solution:

1. Download Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    2. Download Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    3. Download Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Download should begin automatically as soon as you click the link.
    4. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type in Add or remove programs. Windows will suggest the matching app, open it.
    5. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    6. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    7. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    8. Install the package you downloaded in Step 1.
    9. Install the package you downloaded in Step 2.
    10. Install the package you downloaded in Step 3.
    michael mills

That's interesting....

Should everyone be checking their Visual C++ versions on their machines?

...and reinstalling?

Does this cure other issues and if so, can you list them?

It would be nice to have some discussion somewhere on how Visuall C++ can impact the operation in general for Aurorora/Luminar packages.

Terry Rogers

Hi Michael,

This solutions helps if you recently upgraded to 3.1 and Luminar just stopped working. However, you might need to check on your C ++ if the app frequently gives you crashes. I also recommend reinstalling the app with CCleaner after the installation of C ++ is complete. Don't hesitate to contact https://skylum.com/support if you need technical help.

michael mills

How does this solution apply to Aurora 2018 and 2019?

....and for Luminar 2018?

I do have Luminar 3 as well but I don't like the catalog piece of it and I have not found it to be any better than Luminar 2018 so I don't use it. Other than the catalog, is there any new functionality in Luminar 3 that makes it worth using over 2018?

Terry Rogers

Hi Michael,

Please find the list of the new and improved features in Luminar 3 here: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-3-new-improved-features-in-luminar

Jiri Jimel

I solved the problem byl installing 32bit versions of VC++ Redistributable 2013 and VC++ Redistributable 2017. It seems that VC++ R 2015 is not necessary.

Please sign in to leave a comment.