Lost file connection

Comments

7 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Mike! Do I understand it correctly that all the folders are with triangle sign? In this case, right click on the folder > locate folder.
    Are the images on your internal drive?

Comment actions Permalink
    Mike Chisholm

Under folders, it lists "Luminar." There is no triangle or subfolders. The files are on an internal drive. The original path is Pictures>Luminar>2019>03>[files by date (03, 12, 21, etc.)].

Anastasia Davis

Thanks for the reply. In this case, please try restoring from a backup:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.

Mike Chisholm

Hi Anastasia, thank you for the assistance. I pressed the Option key and opened Luminar. I chose an older backup before the update. For the briefest of moments, I saw the photo count appear next to the Luminar folder in Folders then the photo count disappeared. Under folders I have the Luminar folder with a 0 photo count. No triangle or subfolders. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Mike

Mike Chisholm

Update: I tried an earlier backup and the photo count has appeared correctly along with the proper files. However, before each file is a triangle with an exclamation point in it and no photos are visible. In the library, the placeholders are blank (no photos) and a triangle with an exclamation point is visible in the upper left corner.

Kirk Osborn

Please try to click on the missing folder and choose the 'Locate Folder' option (see the screenshot attached): http://prntscr.com/msbipx 

After that, please specify the location of this folder in Finder. All your edits should reappear.

Mike Chisholm

Thank you Kirk for the help. I tried your suggestion. The subfolders all disappeared. The main folder "Luminar" is now empty. The folders are still in Finder, however. Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Thank you,

Mike

Please sign in to leave a comment.