34 comments

Christian Kaiser

I have the same issue!

Comment actions Permalink
    Alex Peter Born

I too.

Tobias Heiser

Me too. I've just purchased it yesterday and nothing worked so far because this error occurs every time I want to edit an image.
    It's an ARW file from Sony.

Alex Peter Born

I received this email from support,
    the link to Luminar did not work.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for reaching us.

Please install Luminar 3 again. Complete the following steps:

Uninstall Luminar.

To uninstall an app on Windows 7:

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/2601726

Delete your registration:

Visit https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?pc
    Scroll down to the bottom of the table and in the first column, click Download from CCleaner.com.
    After downloading, start the file and install CCleaner on your computer.
    Start CCleaner.
    Click on Registration on the left.
    Click Find Problems at the bottom left. Wait for the scan to complete.
    When the scan is complete, click Fix Selected Issues in the bottom right corner.
    Close CCleaner.
    Restart your PC.

Download the latest version of Luminar here:

https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Win_Luminar_3_Release_1610.msi

now I am as far as before.

Alex Peter Born

here the right link

https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Luminar_3_Release.msi

if it works please have a message

Dieter Neitsch

Hello, the problem persists.
    According to Microsoft, the error is a faulty programming. This would have to fix Skylum - so I ask too and a patch to do so.
    How can I return to LUM 3.0.2?

In addition, should be shown here in the forum for privacy reasons not the reassignment of the user, but a nick or only the act.
    Dieter

Dieter Neitsch

In addition, should be shown here in the forum for privacy reasons not the reassignment of the user, but a nick or only the act.
    Dieter

Alex Peter Born

3.0.2 I have already tried ..... probably in the installer but the new version is loaded

Christian Kaiser

I re-installed all C++ (2013, 2015, 2017)  drivers. The error still exisit. It's for sure that the program have an error. Skylum-Team, please fix it asap. The old one (3.0) works proper.

Dieter Neitsch

Hello, I had reset my system to the time before the LUM 3.1.0. So even with LUM 3.0.2, there it runs without problems - except the hint that a new version is available.
    The error is definitely at Skylum program.
    I ask, how many here for the fastest possible fix of the C ++ runtime error.
    Otherwise, I will terminate my use of Luminar.
    Unfortunately, I can not do any further recommendation.
    Dieter

Anna V

Hi Everyone, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Please try the following solution:

1. Download Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    2. Download Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    3. Download Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Download should begin automatically as soon as you click the link.
    4. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type in Add or remove programs. Windows will suggest the matching app, open it.
    5. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributablein the title and uninstall them one by one.
    6. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributablein the title and uninstall them one by one.
    7. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributablein the title and uninstall them one by one.
    8. Install the package you downloaded in Step 1.
    9. Install the package you downloaded in Step 2.
    10. Install the package you downloaded in Step 3.

I hope it helps. 

Dieter Neitsch

Hi Anna, Unfortunately, no success.
    Did it exactly according to instructions.
    Dieter

Anna V

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that. 

Please make sure that you have the latest version of Windows. 

Please also make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 

Try fully reinstalling drivers for all graphics cards on your system.

Make sure to fully uninstall your current graphics drivers before proceeding. How to uninstall drivers (click this text to open link). You'll need to do this for all devices under Display Adaptors on your system:

Download and install drivers from the manufacturer's website:

After you have updated your graphics card drivers, make sure to set your discrete graphics card to run Luminar by default (usually this concerns laptops). Refer to your graphics card's manufacturer's website if you need help with that.

Dieter Neitsch

Hi, but I do not want to change my stable and working system, otherwise maybe other functions will not work anymore.
    Maybe she should use a breakpoint system to find the error in the C ++ program "image_reader_process.exe" because that's where the error message comes from.
    Is the error still with other users?

Dieter

Tobias Heiser

I still have the same error on Windows 8.1 with the newest drivers and a completely fresh system. When can we expect a fixed version?

Alex Peter Born

I have now done everything the support has suggested to me. Driver and system are up to date.
    The error always exists.
    There is a fault in Luminar.

Wolfgang Kluge

Also the same.

Since the update to 3.1 Back to the old version does not work.
    Exporting a photo as a .jpeg is a matter of luck and lasts up to 15 minutes.
    Anastasia Davis

We are currently investigating the issue. I am sorry for the inconveniences. Please reach us here: https://skylum.com/support
    This way, we will trach each particular issue directly.
    Best regards,

roro maul

I have the same problem. Since the only thing that changed in my system was the upgrade to Luminar 3.1.0.2942, the fault is with the program, not the system. Please fix it, this is ridiculous getting so many users to change configurations and reinstall software. Easier is you find the error and fix it.

Christian Kaiser

True words. Thank you, Roro.

Alex Peter Born

Hello together,

was the problem solved?

Or is it still there.
    Alex Peter Born

It works...message from Support.

1. Please download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv91cg2sgre07bw/settings.json?dl=0 
    2. Press Win+R on your keyboard and paste the line %appdata%\Luminar 3\mipl in the field: http://prntscr.com/now032 
    3. Press Enter and paste the file you downloaded in Step 1 into the folder that opens.
    4. Launch Luminar again.
    Christian Kaiser

STOP-STOP -  Ths MUST be an evil thing. Skylum never shared Software via dropbox.

Please DON'T try it. DON'T download and install this!

I'll inform Skylum.

roro maul

CHILL dude, it's a json file, just some settings

Alex Peter Born

I forwarded the mail to Skylum.
    The error message R6025 does not come anymore.

Alex Peter Born

Die Antwort vom Support.

Hallo Alex,
    Dies ist eine automatische Antwort-E-Mail. Könnten Sie uns bitte mitteilen, ob Sie diese Datei von Dropbox herunterladen konnten? Bitte versuchen Sie, über einen anderen Browser darauf zuzugreifen, wenn dies in Ihrem normalen Browser nicht funktioniert.
    Freundliche Grüße,

roro maul

coincidence or not, I don't get the error either.

so much for uninstalling and reinstalling half the operating system, as was suggested ...

Hi i also have this issue since the last update of Luminar.

Makes the software unusable, since the raw development settings are partially lost everytime leaving and re-entering the image editing.

Could someone from Skylum please either officialy post this jsonfile fix here,

or provide a fix via an Luminar update or hotfix patch or something like this.

Thanks for your support.

Greetings

Angela Andrieux

Please contact us at www.skylum.com and we'll be happy to provide you with the necessary file downloads.

roro maul

i find your attitude ridiculous, really.

you guys at luminar need to look up at your peers in the software industry. a community forum is where these issues are discussed, and findings published.

your insistence that each of us contacts us individually doesn't make our life easy, and it's pretty bad for you too, considering the resources needed to deal with 100 individual requests and follow-up compared to posting the solution in the forum.

grow up already

Please sign in to leave a comment.