Luminar 3.1 Startup time

Comments

6 comments

Bryan Phillips

Great info to have. Thanks. I personally believe it should always open to grid view.

Comment actions Permalink
    Phil Hurd

I have 33,000 images and this morning it took 2min 29sec to start, I have no idea what screen it was in when  closed down last night. I followed your advice @Rodney Brown and on restart it took a blistering 2min 7sec to start! Not good is it.

My catalogue is on the main hard drive of my iMAC (SSD) but the images are on an external drive (Firewire 800), I suspect this has something to do with it but I do not have issues with any other software,

Luminar 3 is still too flakey and after two years of this, I think I'm going to have to find something a bit better.

Rodney Brown

Hi Phil,

the images I have catalogued are on the internal SSD of my laptop.  I suspect you may be right about the external drive.

Rod

Phil Hurd

Never had trouble with anything else. I'm guessing that their implementation of the SQL Database that 'hosts' the catalogue is not too good.

Tony Collins

I have 76000 photos in my gallery. 5000 on ssd, and the rest on an external USB drive. Startup just now was around 50s (Not grid view)

startup gridview was 40s

followed by another 40s startup in edit mode, so the second startups were probably improved by disk caching rather than startup mode.

Fast core i7 (8700K) with 16GB ram

EDIT - just checked with a stopwatch. Startup from cold first time after computer on) is 44 seconds.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for sharing your observations! I've forwarded this thread to our developers so they can take a look. Hopefully this can help us improve startup times for all users.

Please sign in to leave a comment.