latest update to luminar

Comments

27 comments

Remy van Haarlem

I have the same sort of problem, the library is added however unable to read the images in the assigned folder

Comment actions Permalink
    phil dyer

Why does this sort of thing always happen when they do an upgrade?

phil dyer

I restarted my computer. Luminar opened ok and the lmage Gallery updated- however there  are NO images left- they have all disappeared!!

phil dyer

Remy- I took off the version of Lumnar 3, I then downloaded new version.

I now have the gallery back, but like you there are no images there at all. Every assigned folder says it has photos in but the screens are blank

This is ridiculous

Remy van Haarlem

Phil:

1). I removed the Luminar 3.1 from the Mac.

2). reinstalled the version by downloading the latest version from the user area link and also did the trail link .

the problem you have now is exactly the same problem `I've:
    "lmage Gallery updated- however there  are NO images left- they have all disappeared!!"

phil dyer

looks like they have issues again- I have emailed technical support. hope the get it fixed quickly

Remy van Haarlem

Phil, I did the same about a hour ago. Its my first time here, just to see if there where other users with the same problem. I have people using the software on a windows machine and they have no problems.

when a update is realeasd at least there should be the support online reading these messages and provide support.

phil dyer

Funny it’s usually windows that have the problem

Remy van Haarlem

fixed it

phil dyer

How

phil dyer

How

Remy van Haarlem

Phil:

Working in the space industry I couldn't accept it didn't work.. here to solve it

Solved:

1) go to:
    - File
    - Catalog
    -- New

2) create a new catalog and name it X (I used "remy" as my new catalog, you can name it whatever) and save it in 

3) then go to 
    - Library
    - Add folder

4) now you see the images again

5) you can check the new catalog you created by
    go to:
    - File
    - Catalog
    - Show in Finder|
    -- here you see a file with the name you used. (example: my catalog is called remy.luminar)

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360043493872--SOLVED-Unable-to-read-images-from-library

phil dyer

Thanks so much. I will try in an hour. Very complicated. Will also see what technical support say as well.

Remy van Haarlem

its rather simple. just follow the steps and it should work. 

I'm happy again

phil dyer

I meant it was complicated to think a way around it. Well done you!

phil dyer

Didn’t work. It’s stuck on updating image gallery so can’t add catalog. Will wait for technical support

Tony Collins

If you close luminar and rename the catalogue folder, when you next start it it will ask you if you want to use a default catalog. Click yes. Then it will open, and you'll be able to add your pictures to the new catalog, or open the renamed catalog. 

Tony Aurelio

Bad start. I'm having the same problem. I t's been 3 hours already and all my photos haven';t appeared yet. Something is really wrong here. 

Vivian Raiborde

I have the same issue. And trying to create a new catalog and adding images is NOT a solution. That's because while you'd be able to see the images, all the edits and modifications that you've made to the images are lost. 

This is a horrible update. Talk about the lack of quality control.

phil dyer

How can you rename the catalog when it is greyed out as the “catalogue is loading”

still no response from the technical department on this- what on earth is happening.

this is a great programme when it works but there have been so many issues, I am switching back to 2018

phil dyer

and another thing- you cant quit Luminar anymore- you have to force quit. Get it sorted!!!!

Peter Ilott

For Phil Dyer - I cannot even force quit the program, I have to do the old force total shut down of the iMac by powering off manually and leaving it off for a fair while otherwise the Luminar 3 starts up again automatically then again will not allow me to shut it down. Am chasing my tail here!

So sad - I do love Aurora and L 2018 - but this L3 should be totally scrapped like the old Windows Vista was.

I am of the opinion that Skylum should concentrate on perfecting what they do well - rather than venturing too early into areas that are extremely challenging and are already well covered by other program providers.

Just my musings after a session of head banging.

Tony Collins

@Phil/All

I had a similar problem. I force quitted, then renamed the catalog folder using finder (not L3). Open then creates a new empty catalog with L3 behaving itself. I was then able to open the catalog in the renamed folder, which it then upgraded in about 1/2 hour - and since then (touch wood) has been stable.

phil dyer

this is the latest from skylum support:

In this case, please try the following:

• Make sure Luminar is closed.
    • Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    • Rename the Luminar Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.

1. Open Finder.
    2. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    3. Launch Terminal.
    4. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.macphun.luminar3
    5. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    6. Close Terminal.
    7. Launch Luminar. It will ask you to complete the initial setup. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in Pictures folder).
    phil dyer

I had to create a new catalogue in L3 and have had to add folders to it from computer. It wont open the files from the newly created catalogue I set up on the Mac

Good job I only had 2000 in there- all my edits now lost

Kirk Osborn

Try the following solutions:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Start Luminar. Click File > Catalog > Open > navigate inside the folder you renamed in Step 3 > double-click Luminar Catalog.catalog file.

If the 4 steps above don't help:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.macphun.luminar3
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminar. It will ask you to complete the initial setup. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in Pictures folder).
    phil dyer

forget my last message!- The edits have not been applied in the sub-folder in the hard drive- my mistake- you have to export the file to do that- apologies!!!!!!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.