Luminar 3.1.0: Accent AI 2.0 + More Usability & Stability

Comments

36 comments

Jochen Franz

Hi,

I also have/had several problems with and after the update.

First, the update itself did not finish and aborted when updating the database. After that, I could not start Luminar 3 anylonger with the error "Database opening failed". Very frustrating. After some research on the internet, I did get it working again after deleting the content of folder C:\users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Luminar 3 and running the wizard again.

So with a near fresh installation, I tried to edit my few fotos (about 150 RAW+JPEG) from my last trip to Greece. Set filter to RAW only, to see only the RAW-Files (also a long awaited feature I missed from Lightroom). But switching RAW-Files in developing mode is still way to slow. I have to wait 9-11 seconds until everything is loaded for the new image and I can start editing. I have an Core-i7 7700K @ 4,6GHz, 16GB RAM, Geforce 1080, Win 10 Pro and the RAW-Files are stored on a SSD (system is also stored on a separate SSD).

RAW-Files are RAF (with camera internal lossless compression) from an Fujifilm X-T2.

I use Luminar looks, and often the AI Image Enhancer (with 20-50%) for starting. But I don't want/need previews of all the other looks every time I switch an image, as the previews have to be rendered every time. So I marked the one look with a yellow star to make it a favorite. But even if I filter the looks to only show my favorite looks, every time I switch to the next image for editing, the filter for the looks switches back from "Favorit" to "Essentials" and so all the previews for the looks are rendered again. Thats anoying as it unnessessarily costs CPU Power and time that could be saved. I think switching between images would be much faster without rendering 8-10 looks every time.

Then after editing some few settings of 2-5 images, Luminar 3 constantly crashes. It crashes even when editing few settingsd of a single file. Very anoying.

After I edited 110 files today, I wanted to export them as JPEG. Filtered them in Library (all images with even 1 star), started export with default settings to a new folder on the SSD. And it crahed again. Tried two times. First export crashed after 17 images, second export crashed after 20 images. Also the export time is very very slow.  

I bought the program as I like workflow and functions/filters a lot. Basically I could work much faster than in Lightroom. Even if switching between images and also export could be much faster, I could live with that.

But constantly crahes at every few steps is so frustrating and a no go. Last weekend I canceled my Adobe subscription for Lightroom and Photoshop, but I think, I still have to wait until Luminar gets way more stable.

So that is my suggestion for future updates: don't integrate more features. At first please work on stability and second on speed!

Thank you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Jochem,

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

We will do our best to make the program fast and stable. 

For now, please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a better way.

Alwin Papegaaij

Hi,

I'm trying to remove an artifact from a picture, and the program keeps crashing while using both the "erase" tool as well as the "clone stamp" tool.

Before the update these tools might have been slow, but at least they worked.

Please take a look at the stability of the program, as the current update really doesn't work for me. It's a shame, as I really like the program.

Thanks

Maryna Skylum

@Alwin Papegaaij

I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

Please, send us event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and send it to us at support@skylum.com.
    Genny Doss

I have installed this in my device but since then I have been noticing the popping out of Asus Router App Connection Failed error messages in my device. Can anyone help me to detect the error that is leading to such issues that I am facing?

Kirk Osborn

Please contact your router manufacturer to know how to fix this issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.