Luminar 3.1.0: Accent AI 2.0 + More Usability & Stability

Comments

49 comments

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Mary,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Please open info mode and you will be able to see not only the name of the image but full info.

Regarding support request, please scroll the page and you will be able to create the request and attach the crash reports, see the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/nmgzb7 

Comment actions Permalink
    John Dasher

Improvements in some areas to be sure, undocumented surprises in others. It's crashed multiple times for me since updating. Also in this latest release they actually took away the ability to copy a crop and apply it to another image. So, it's no longer possible to "lift & stamp" between images via copy and paste.

For example, if you shoot a high-speed burst and wish to apply the identical crop to multiple photos, there's no way to do so.

Speaking of cropping, it's designed for single use, rather than any workflow. In other words, if you shot an event and are going to crop a bunch of images, the number of clicks that it takes is amazing. For example, if you crop and select a ratio like 4:5, the next time you crop, you have to select the ratio again, resulting in tons of unnecessary clicks. Aperture was so nice in that way. It would simply remember your last selection, allowing you to keep it until you explicitly changed it. If I recall, it did reset to "Original" between uses...

I like the fact that they're improving, but the slowness still makes it really hard for me to use as part of an event workflow.

Kate Williams

Hi John,

Thanks for this feedback. 

I will make sure that our tech team is aware of it. 

mary riley

agree with John - when i crop a picture - each and every time i have to 'unlock' the lock.. it should stay whatever i way i selected it last - not return to a default state.

Samuele Salvadorini

Hi dears, 

I0m also using Luminar 3 (3.10) but I have the sam problems of mary riley >> sw extremely slow, crashes, etc..

MacBook PRO MY2015 8gb RAM + 2,7GH Intel i5

mary riley

Thanks for pointing out where file name is

respectfully it should be below the pic when its open for editing at all times - not in some other tab.

Samuele Salvadorini

Sorry, but now I can't do anything because the SW crash after the opening.. when it finish to load the images to show, crash..

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

John Dasher

I agree with Mary that the basic file info should be

"respectfully it should be below the pic when its open for editing at all times - not in some other tab" (As is done in Aperture)

I suspect that they we making room in the UI for when the application can deal with the more expansive metadata sets like IPTC.

Regards,

John

mary riley

So i tested the Show Raw only in raw+jpg pairs.  It fails

i have it set to raw only - i double checked.. but nope - this is a jpg (course i had to go to info to see that but nonetheless)

mary riley

and considering how long it takes to parse an image to 'loaded' can you show us .. somewhere... that its still being loaded?? cause its hard to tell if that image is just out of focus or not done loading yet.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mary,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate this issue.

Leong Choy Chong

Mary Riley,

Good Luck to solving your problems.

Yes, they reply your email but nothing gets solved. Like this crashing issues. It has been like that since Luminar 2018.

Cheers,

Richard.

mary riley

So a month later.. fresh installs x 2.... and still the feature of 'raw only' fails.

and where did the folder sort go??

Anastasia Davis

Hi Mary! It seems you have never sent us your RAW + JPEG pairs. We need to test them on our side.

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into an email to our support team (or support form here: https://skylum.com/support).

mary riley

and where did the folder sort go?? 

( and i figured out if you have it set to Raw only - and there are for example cell images (jpg only) in the folder - it shows those jpgs also.. which is confusing but at least has explanation)

mary riley

Batch processing:

I wanted to select images and apply a filter to them (i.e. i know they are all under exposed or some such) .... 

But i select the photos - - chose a filter - no acknowledgement that it applied to all 20. 

So i look around - choose batch processing from menu.. and pop up... "drag images" ???? from where... not from the app i PAID for to SEE the images .. nope i cant drag from luminar's browser.  nor its file path on right... ... so now i have to go to Finder??? and use my mac finder to drag the images over??  i should be able to drag over from luminar's browser. 

Since i cant use the file path on the right - i cant even say; preview them and put them in their own album to batch. 

I did find right click sync adjusments.. closest i can find.

mary riley

continuing on ;

Trying to apply filters --- every time i switch pics - it switches filter pack.  i switch it to favs -- change pic - it randomly pics another pack.. what's the point of favorites if it WON'T stay on favorites - or frankly the last pack i was in??

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mary,

Syncing adjustments is the way to go if you wish to apply a preset to more than one image. Glad you found that feature.

As for the other issue described where favorites is not staying on favorites, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll look into the issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.