Aurora 2019 won't start

Comments

9 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Jon ,

I'm sorry to hear that.

Our Support Team will do their best to reply to you as soon as possible on this issue and help you troubleshoot it.

Best regards

Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel Price

I had the exact same error message.  The fix for me:

I installed Aurora on another machine, and copied the files from "Program Files\Skylum\Aurora HDR 2019" to the problem machine, and everything was happy.

As for how I got here, I ran a process monitor to see what files were being loaded, and Aurora showed opening a bunch of files in the above mentioned directory, but my directory had exactly one file, the aurora executable.  Whenever I ran the installer (either a new install, repair, uninstall/reinstall ... that was the only file that existed in that directory).  Perhaps because I had previously installed a trial version of a previous version the installer got confused.  I managed to successfully install on another machine (which had 1,200 total files in that directory), copied them over, and now Aurora starts up successfully.

Anna Veres

Hi Daniel, 

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could investigate the issue in a more scrupulous way. 

Jon Willard

@Daniel Price - thanks for that info, I installed on another windows box and have the same problem.  The installer only lays down ONE file C:\Program Files\Skylum\Aurora HDR 2019\Aurora HDR 2019.exe on each of my two windows systems and Aurora HDR 2019 does not run, but gives me the same exception.

Ray Palmer

Hi Guys,

I have just installed Aurora on a new Dell 2-in-1 PC and am having the same problem.

I have checked the above directory as Jon has done and only one file, the executable has been installed.

I had an issue with no next button on the Luminar welcome screen and therefore could not move to the next screen, Skylum suggestion to change the text size to 100% (was set at 150%, why I don't know) fixed the problem.

Skylum suggestions for the Aurora issue did not have the same affect.  Looking at the Luminar directory, there a numerious subdirectories and files.  Aurora has no subdirectories or files other than the execuitable.  I don' believe Aurora has installed correctly.

Awaiting on Skylum to reply to my email with text file of msinfo as suggested.  Might try reinstalling.

Terry Rogers

Hi Ray,

Our technical department will reply to your email soon. Meanwhile, please try the following solution:

1. Download Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    2. Download Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    3. Download Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Download should begin automatically as soon as you click the link.
    4. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type in Add or remove programs. Windows will suggest the matching app, open it.
    5. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    6. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    7. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    8. Install the package you downloaded in Step 1.
    9. Install the package you downloaded in Step 2.
    10. Install the package you downloaded in Step 3.
    Ray Palmer

Hi Terry, just saw your reply after doing the below.

Heres an update.  Success.

I uninstalled the Aurora 2019 and firstly decided to install Aurora 2018 which installed correctly.  I then downloaded the Aurora2019_Setup.exe (23.4 Mb) after making sure the previous downloaded file was deleted.  Run the program and it installed correctly with 5 subdirectories created and 204 files in the Aurora 2019 directory.

It is certainly an installation problem and not NET or other C++ issues as Skylum have suggested.

Good luck.

cris casi

Same problem here... trial version did work, luminar works...  HELP!

I tried to uninstall, repair, clear the registry. reinstall, reinstallC++ packages...

Nothing, doesn't start after the main screen...

Windows 10 Pro 1903 version

Angela Andrieux

Hi Cris,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Please sign in to leave a comment.