Saturation increase at opening a picture

Comments

3 comments

Kate Williams

Hi,

First of all, please note that you will see the difference between the previews and the RAW file opened in the main edit window. That's due to the fact Luminar 3 generates the Previews on the base of the embedded JPEGs(RAWs contain what's called an embedded JPEG - it's a JPEG with automatic adjustments applied by the camera) but when you switch to the Edit mode from the Filmstrip, it uploads the RAW file as it is.

Moreover, Luminar 3 is color managed. It means that Luminar 3 interprets which color profile is selected on your OS  and adjusts to it.

Please make sure that you do not have a calibrated display profile as it may affect the way how you see the file. If you want us to look into it for you further, please, create a support request via https://skylum.com/support , paste the link to this thread and send us the following information: 

1. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    2. Type colorcpl in the dialog box that opens and press Enter on your keyboard.
    3. Make a screenshot of the window that opens and send it to us.

If you have more than one display, select each display you use in the Device dropdown and send us screenshots for each display.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Guy M

I am having the same issue with my Panasonic G7. I do not believe this was an issue with Luminar 3 and has only started happening with 3.1.

Also, I take JPEG+RAW photos, and the JPEG photo is fine. It is only the RAW photo that has this problem.

Volker Arndt

Hi, I think it's a matter of the default camera Profile by luminar.

I installed the dng converter by Adobe and searched the for the Adobe Standard Profile for the G8/G80/G81/G85. This one I use now as the Default camera Profile in luminar for my camera. With this Profile I don't have this Problem anymore. So it must be a fault by the luminar camera Profile.
    Here you get the downloadlink to the converter:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/de/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Please sign in to leave a comment.